DVDVR Message Board

NBA - 2013-14 Regular Season - 1st Half

Dolfan in NYC

Rudy would probably be better off in a place like New York in, say, J.R. Smith's spot since everything about him screams Second Banana. Which is the diciest part about this trade: There's no leadership at all in Sacramento and he's probably not the guy to be that guy.

Rudy would be a perfectly acceptable 6th or 7th man on a good team. If he could focus on using his athleticism to defend and try and get to the rim and never, at all, take jump shots he'd be a lot better. That ship has sailed, though. I have a rational hatred for Rudy Gay. I remember all the hype he was getting on a UConn team that was so overrated. They got bounced by George Mason in the Elite 8 and I was so glad. That dude just sleepwalked through games but always put up his numbers. Denham Brown was that team's actually clutch dude.

I think Rudy is salvageable under the right coach.  People said Javale McGee was a great athlete but couldn't contribute.  He  spent a couple of years under George Karl, and became a great role player.  Look at Monta Ellis.  He had the same criticisms that Rudy has.  Get him with Carlisle, pair him with Dirk, and he's having the most efficient, productive year of his career.  If a guy has even the slightest bit of talent, and good coach will get it from him.  Rudy needs one of those coaches.

Rudy would be a perfectly acceptable 6th or 7th man on a good team. If he could focus on using his athleticism to defend and try and get to the rim and never, at all, take jump shots he'd be a lot better. That ship has sailed, though. I have a rational hatred for Rudy Gay. I remember all the hype he was getting on a UConn team that was so overrated. They got bounced by George Mason in the Elite 8 and I was so glad. That dude just sleepwalked through games but always put up his numbers. Denham Brown was that team's actually clutch dude.

That was such a weird UConn team.  My lasting image of them is from a late time-out in the George Mason game.  Calhoun was trying to draw up a play and the starters were completely ignoring him.  So much wasted talent there.  Josh Boone was a beast.

Y'all suck for no selling Nick Young's 360 layup airball.  We've reached peak Swaggy P.

For as much fun as the Warriors are and as much as they've been hyped, they're proving to be pretty darn mediocre.

They've also played basically the hardest schedule out of anybody this season and have hardly played any at home. And are missing their best defensive player. And are still above .500. They were never going to be a team that was going to get out to a ridiculous start.

For as much fun as the Warriors are and as much as they've been hyped, they're proving to be pretty darn mediocre.

They've also played basically the hardest schedule out of anybody this season and have hardly played any at home. And are missing their best defensive player. And are still above .500. They were never going to be a team that was going to get out to a ridiculous start.

Very selfishly, as a jazz fan, I hope they somehow miss the playoffs, so the jazz get to lottery picks. Not rooting for an injury mind you, I do have a soul, but a inexplicable losing streak would be nice. Not gonna happen though.

Very interesting article from Zach Lowe on the Rudy Gay trade with this quote:

I know GMs who say they wouldn’t touch him now in free agency for the midlevel exception.

I still think the Knicks or Nets would deal for Gay next season if he were made available. They've made enough bonehead deals that any bad deal is possible with those two teams.

Rudy Gay finding condo space next year in the five boroughs is almost even odds.

I seriously cannot believe how great the Blazers are. They're such a fun team. They're like the Spurs but with players who you haven't watched for 500 years by now. They pass the ball, know who can do what on the court, have a great crowd, etc. I love those dudes.

GSW is a completely different team with Iguodala. That dude is terrific and a perfect fit for the roster. Without him, they lose a little something on both ends of the court. Last night's game was their third in fourth nights and across the country in Charlotte. They lost it in the first quarter when they shot like five Rudy Gays. They got hot and almost stole the win at the end. But that was a game of tired legs.

Boston Vs. Brooklyn (Pierce is "doubtful" but might play), Miami Vs. Indiana (NBA TV), and Kobe's second game of the season are on tonight.

Danny Granger said he might be coming back this week.  It'll be interesting to see what role he'll play on this Pacers team.

Say what you want the Bobcats and their management, but this season, they haven't been awful.  They're respectably average.  Whatever that means.

Also, another sneak peek of "As the Brooklyn Nets Turn":

Brooklyn Nets coach Jason Kidd reportedly used a 13-letter word in an expletive-filled rant against assistant Lawrence Frank following the team's loss in Orlando on Nov. 3, NBA.com reported Monday.

"Sit the (expletive) down! I'm the coach of this (13-letter word) team! When you're on the bench, don't (expletive) move," Kidd said, according to NBA.com reporter David Aldridge. The report did not offer further details of what the 13-letter word was.

The argument ultimately led to Frank being reassigned to a reduced role which Kidd described as "doing daily reports."

Link

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/story/_/id/10112168/jason-kidd-brooklyn-nets-used-13-letter-word-assistant-rant

Edited by _MJ_

"The report did not state what the 13-letter word was" is the funniest part of the whole thing. In J-school, they teach that articles need to be written on an 8th-grade level. But I'm pretty every 8th grader knows what that word is.

Also, it's only halftime, but so far Paul George looks a little bit Billy Gunn-ish.

Yep, people on the RGM board act like the sky is falling every time they lose. That is why I don't go there and prefer here. I dont even know if I'd call them all fans though. All they seem to do is bitch and complain about everything, it's like they dont remember when the Heat truly did suck and trotted Travis Best out as starting point guard.