DVDVR Message Board

Rasslin' Video Games

I enjoyed the time trial against Paul Wight. I didn’t beat him to unlock him, but I thought it was fair, and if I didn’t waste 30 precious seconds in the beginning learning what I could/couldn’t do to him, I would’ve beat him. Like, I had a 1-count on what would’ve probably been the winning pin as time expired.

In general, I think I enjoyed the special “challenge” matches/scenarios more than the straight singles matches, which are pretty easy for me at this point.

Playing through Road to Elite as a CAW, you can really make an OP character quite quickly. If you're winning minigames and working out, you get a lot of upgrade points pretty quickly.

Edited by AxB
  • Like 1

After another 5 hours of playing I can say I love this game. I still wish there was some match customization (Ironman, tornado tags, 2/3 falls) but upping the difficulty really made a difference for me. I hope it does well enough to get more support/sequels because I would love to see this gameplay with more match variety and better multiman AI.

• Like 1

So I haven't messed around too much with character creation yet, but when I saw the goofy bear costume I had to make "The Grizzly" Bear (from Chicago as my GF insisted). I gave him a bear hug for a special and the Salt of the Earth  (The Arm-Bear) as a finish.  10/10 flawless game.

• Like 4

I don’t have the game but am curious - couple of questions:

1) What happens if you deliberately lose every match in Road to Elite mode?

2) Is it possible to get a low-star/DUD match rating? Like, if you kept slapping on a headlock for 5 minutes and then got counted out, or something?

Edited by Hamhock

2 hours ago, Hamhock said:

I don’t have the game but am curious - couple of questions:

1) What happens if you deliberately lose every match in Road to Elite mode?

2) Is it possible to get a low-star/DUD match rating? Like, if you kept slapping on a headlock for 5 minutes and then got counted out, or something?

Losing every match is one way to trigger the Dark Order story branch that lets you unlock Brodie Lee. And I’ve got numerous half star ratings because I lost a match - don’t know about if you win. All mine are usually in the four and a half star range when I win.

• Thanks 1

How do I unlock Matt Hardy. Entered my preorder code and under the PlayStation store it says Add-on Installed, but he’s nowhere to be found. I don’t really plan on using him but it would be nice to complete the Hardys for another tag team

Other than Matt not appearing, enjoyed the first couple matches I played. Did a bit of training to get the basics down, then got smoked by Archer while using Eddie. Second match went better, used Orange to beat Chuck Taylor 

23 hours ago, elizium said:

How do I unlock Matt Hardy. Entered my preorder code and under the PlayStation store it says Add-on Installed, but he’s nowhere to be found. I don’t really plan on using him but it would be nice to complete the Hardys for another tag team

Existing plain ol’ Matt should already be in the game.  For Broken Matt, you have to edit the existing Matt and add Broken Matt as a new preset.  

Edited by Technico Support
  • Thanks 1

On 7/4/2023 at 2:09 PM, GojiColin said:

So I haven't messed around too much with character creation yet, but when I saw the goofy bear costume I had to make "The Grizzly" Bear (from Chicago as my GF insisted). I gave him a bear hug for a special and the Salt of the Earth  (The Arm-Bear) as a finish.  10/10 flawless game.

Bryan Danielson approves.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, elizium said:

I don't even have plain Matt. The only Matt I got is Jackson.

Xbox?  I have an Xbox and it’s weird…even though I bought the game and the DLC, I still needed to go to “Manage Game and Add-Ons” and specifically select the DLC for it to install.

Edited by Technico Support
  • Like 1

Ps4, but I’ll root around in the settings next time I play to see if there’s anything like that. I’ve never had this issue with a DLC before.

Had other weird things happen. Booted up the game and while looking for the data save, it said it could not find the revival expansion I had previously installed. But I’ve not bought the FTR DLC. 

Edited by elizium
  • Like 1

Yeah, you guys were right.  Create mode needs a ton of work.  I couldn’t make Mark Briscoe because none of the faces looked right, no beard really worked, and you can only use one tattoo.  Uuuggghhh.

I did make a sweet chubby Chris Hero, though.

• Like 2

Yeah, my WARHORSE Create a Wrestler doesn't look very much like him. And then I tried to make Kidd Bandit, and my closest estimation is nothing like her.

When the Stadium Stampede mode launches, it says it'll be free to play. But if they let us who've bought the game use our unlocks (or CAWs), we'll have a huge advantage. Run through RTE a couple of times with a Create a Wrestler, and you'll have a guy with EVERY skill.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, AxB said:

Run through RTE a couple of times with a Create a Wrestler, and you'll have a guy with EVERY skill.

About that. I started one up as a second run through with my CAW. All of his skills and buffs had been reset to zero. I still had all the buffs and finishers equipped in matches. I was doing the lose a bunch to get Big Show block thing and started to get worried I wasn't going to get anything new so I looked it up. successive play through with the same CAW wipes the previous buffs once you complete RTE. So you can't do multiple runs o get everything. You can only keep one play through's worth of upgrades.

So if you don't like what you have, or say would rather have more buffs than 5 finisher slots... you can change everything. But you can't add to the existing ones. Sucks, but makes sense. CAW are already super OP in online matches.

Since I haven't posted my thoughts on the game, I love the game play so much. CAW design tools a seriously lacking. The moves portion is fucking perfect tho. Th online is pretty unstable if you're doing ranked tag matches with a friend. But even with the negatives this game is really fucking fun. They nailed the game play. Really hits just right for me. Wish there were more modes and better character select layout. But this shit is so fun. Def worth the money for me.

• Like 8

9 hours ago, AxB said:

Yeah, my WARHORSE Create a Wrestler doesn't look very much like him. And then I tried to make Kidd Bandit, and my closest estimation is nothing like her.

When the Stadium Stampede mode launches, it says it'll be free to play. But if they let us who've bought the game use our unlocks (or CAWs), we'll have a huge advantage. Run through RTE a couple of times with a Create a Wrestler, and you'll have a guy with EVERY skill.

5 hours ago, NoFistsJustFlips said:

About that. I started one up as a second run through with my CAW. All of his skills and buffs had been reset to zero. I still had all the buffs and finishers equipped in matches. I was doing the lose a bunch to get Big Show block thing and started to get worried I wasn't going to get anything new so I looked it up. successive play through with the same CAW wipes the previous buffs once you complete RTE. So you can't do multiple runs o get everything. You can only keep one play through's worth of upgrades.

So if you don't like what you have, or say would rather have more buffs than 5 finisher slots... you can change everything. But you can't add to the existing ones. Sucks, but makes sense. CAW are already super OP in online matches.

Since I haven't posted my thoughts on the game, I love the game play so much. CAW design tools a seriously lacking. The moves portion is fucking perfect tho. Th online is pretty unstable if you're doing ranked tag matches with a friend. But even with the negatives this game is really fucking fun. They nailed the game play. Really hits just right for me. Wish there were more modes and better character select layout. But this shit is so fun. Def worth the money for me.

5 hours ago, Casey said:

Add Create a PPV and improve the CAW mode/let me edit existing attire for characters and I’ll be pretty happy with the game. 

Smackdown vs. RAW 2006 had it right. Complete one season of Smackdown, one season of RAW and you had unlimited CAW points for every CAW. I have a great CAW set from Smackdown vs. RAW 2006: Wrestler named after me, wrestlers I used to have fantasy booking and real life in Bryan Danielson, Daniel Bryan, Kenta Kobashi, Mitsuharu Misawa, Samoa Joe, Ricky Steamboat, Sting to name some favourites.

• Like 1

I'm finding the core gameplay of Fight Forever really fun too, now that Elite difficulty is kind of the appropriate level of challenge. It's a really good game to just do 5 or 6 matches on a Steam Deck during a spare half hour.

It's bare bones but honestly, on the 2k games I've often just played neverending exhibition matches once the showcase mode is done, because it's common for the career mode to be bad and universe is basically always bad and a waste of time (up to this year's which I've actually found functional enough to put some time into).

One on one normal rules singles matches are basically pro wrestling to me, multiperson no dq ladder clusterfucks and all that are always going to be a joyless shambles in a video game that doesn't have agents to lay out the big spots and agree who should be lying on the floor selling for 10 minutes at any given time. It's a shame FF whiffed on the tag team mechanics so much; when will a wrestling game developer figure out that you have to have limits on pin breakups?

Edited by Firebreaker Chip
  • Like 4

15 hours ago, Technico Support said:

Looooool noted CM Punk ball licker Dax Harwood has the GTS taunt!  The attention to detail in this game is amazing.

So does Cash. 

Finally got Orange to wrestle with his hands in his pockets. It’s a blast. Also rode the skateboard around with Darby. 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Ramo2653 said:

Is there a way to just have a regular match and have it be no count out or no DQ? Or do I have to have a lights out match?

I believe you can change those options on the screen where you can select a different arena, etc. The one where it shows the match graphic of you and your opponent right before it goes to entrances.

Unlocked Owen yesterday. He's pretty fun to use. To me, he's one of the best-looking models on there, too. They really got it right with him.