DVDVR Message Board

WWE COVID-19 RELEASE MEGATHREAD

2 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

Spud sure doesn't look like he wanted to take the release. Interesting that he's still in the tournament though.

In his message he said those are upcoming so it's apparent they were pre-taped.  But man I feel so very awful for him.  Same for everybody else for that matter.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, (BP) said:

I don’t think pointing out that we’re not mentioning how shitty Disney is while talking about how shitty WWE is during this on a wrestling message board is a very compelling argument. 

It is a matter of perspective

I think frequently around here people forget that the a wrestling company acts exactly like all other shitty businesses and there is a layer of folks being shocked when someone they know is a terrible human being does terrible human being things. But that last part might be me being old and reaching that point that a leopard will never change his spots.

I personally don't think folks saying that Vince spending XFL money has a bearing on today's action is a compelling argument either. Since the money was spent pre-corona and would continue to be spent if corona hadn't happened. Just like Vince wouldn't have signed a trillion guys pre-corona if he knew corona was going to happen.

• Like 2

Wait, this is coming from a friend who listened to the call, but did they really talk about how they have $500 million in operating income and debt capacity to help them through this time? 

Just now, Craig H said:

Wait, this is coming from a friend who listened to the call, but did they really talk about how they have $500 million in operating income and debt capacity to help them through this time? 

They said as much in the press release - https://corporate.wwe.com/investors/news/press-releases/2020/04-15-2020-170938343

Yes. $500 million cash on hand/debt capacity, and most of the increase in cash flow is from delaying building their new offices. And their biggest revenue stream, TV contracts, are, thus far, unaffected. It adds up to "WWE could afford to not do these cuts, and still be fine" but this is corporate America, and "we made less profit than last year" is a cardinal sin.

Edited by Brian Fowler
  • Like 6

3 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

And just think - we haven't gotten (for the most part) to 205 Live, NXT, NXT UK

Like I can't imagine Mike Kanellis hasn't been contacted yet

Whoops - I jinxed him

He just was announced

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

Oh yeah that’s right Braun was rewarded for being oblivious to the way his coworkers had to operate before making it to the company he currently works at.

And who is his two best friends in the company: Drake Maverick and EC3.  Granted i am sure EC3 wanted out about a month into his call up to the main roster the 2nd time

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, hammerva said:

So that Braun Strowman tweet about indie workers about a month ago.  That didn't fucking age well did it

I mean, it was pretty bad the second he hit send

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

Oh yeah that’s right Braun was rewarded for being oblivious to the way his coworkers had to operate before making it to the company he currently works at.

I think he was more rewarded for being the only big name who wasn't involved in an angle at the time whom Goldberg would be willing to lose to, and given that he wasn't willing to lose to The Fiend, I would wager that list was mighty small.

I'm still curious if we see cuts to any of the following:

• Cesaro
  • Rusev
  • Kassius Ohno
  • Lucha House Party
  • Ruby Riott

And there's some other names I was thinking of and literally just forgot as I was typing. I wouldn't be shocked to see any of them get released.