DVDVR Message Board

AEW - MAR 2020

Dolfan in NYC

They needed Jericho off the title anyway to book heel PAC, and MJF as challengers. That’s why they kept sitting on #1 contender PAC for so long. 

I’ve actually liked the ranking system for a few months after being so iffy about it, but heel champion is tough, when you got to treat other heel contenders with respectful booking, but still avoid pulling the trigger on a heel vs. heel title match.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs

On 3/4/2020 at 3:11 PM, Tromatagon said:

Do you think I'd want to take that opportunity to find out Abdullah was just a Canadian guy that liked ice cream?  Shit, I met Abby as an adult and felt like he might have forked me at any moment.  It ruled.

Abby chased me out of the ring once in Cleveland. I have never moved that fast in my life.

• Like 3

If they are going to have a second show on TV sometime this year a secondary singles title might be a good idea. They’ll have another two hours to fill which I’d suspect would have a larger focus on the Midcard having a championship defense on every show might be a good draw. A TV championship with let’s say a 15 minute time limit could be a cool main event every week on a secondary show. If they do air on TBS on Saturday Mornings I’d love for a TV Championship. 

Some people like an orange in their beer. It goes better with an Oberon or Blue Moon, but I could see people dropping a slice in their normal beer too.

Also, Coors Banquet is gross. Coors Light is good. The best of cheap beers.

The go-home show for Double Or Nothing being in California would make sense, especially since the week before they're in New Mexico. But skipping right over Arizona would be weird.

Maybe the Dynamite after DoN?

Just now, Casey said:

The go-home show for Double Or Nothing being in California would make sense, especially since the week before they're in New Mexico. But skipping right over Arizona would be weird.

Maybe the Dynamite after DoN?

That’s already back in mgm grand for the show after which was not a good idea. I’m sure they’ll be out here for awhile hitting Arizona and all the other states, multiple shows in California, etc. Just as they’ve done the slow burn throughout the country. But a little crazy it could take them 8+ months to run one show in California. I’m just anxious haha. 

Oh yeah, I forgot about the WrestleMania-like week of running their big show then their TV immediately after in the same venue.

I'm going to say if the California date isn't the go-home show, then it won't be until the summer probably. I'm no expert (obviously), just guessing.

Edited by Casey
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Craig H said:

Some people like an orange in their beer. It goes better with an Oberon or Blue Moon, but I could see people dropping a slice in their normal beer too.

Also, Coors Banquet is gross. Coors Light is good. The best of cheap beers.

The only beer I've ever seen anyone drink with an orange was Blue Moon. As for cheap beers, I like Coors Light. My beer of choice is Lienenkugel Summer Shandy. I wish it were available year round.

• Like 1

Yeah, it's available year round. You're out on the east coast though, so maybe it's more limited in it's availability compared to here where we're a few hours from Milwaukee. The best beer I ever had was a Summer Shandy. Went to Lake Michigan with my wife when we were still dating, there's this awesome pizza place past the beach, had an open window seat at the bar, pizza, and Summer Shandy served in an ice cold glass that I could only describe as being about the size of a fishbowl. The glass was so gold it turned the beer slushy near the glass.

So pro tip to any of you in the Lake Michigan area, if you're on the southern Michigan side, hit up Silver Beach Pizza.

• Thanks 1

I'm in Milwaukee and Summer Shandy isn't available year round although this is the time for it to start coming back. I'd assume if you're getting it during the dead of winter, that's old stuff. I would ask my friends that work at the brewery, but it's 12:30 at night and they're probably sleep. ?

1 hour ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

So I was thinking about Jake. Maybe with this Corona virus going around they should hold back on revealing his client for a bit. They already laid the seeds for it, so they can air vignettes for it for now. Just for Jake’s sake.

I wouldn't sweat it.  Much like Keith Richards, Jake's put enough shit into his body in his lifetime that he's now immune to conventional ailments.

Edited by Technico Support
  • Like 3