DVDVR Message Board

AEW - MAR 2020

Dolfan in NYC

I have a cousin whose lived in Boise for ten years now. He was telling over Christmas how much the city had grown in the past decade.

If they could pull of BSU like the 25th or the 1st, that would be really cool. Everything is so touch and go right now who knows. I wonder if Blood & Guts gets pushed back to Double or Nothing I'm sure if things start to clear up in a week or two and they can run BSU and BSU can hold two rings and a roofed Cage they'd run it. This of course is all speculation.

I think they should seriously consider Meltzer's suggestion to tape the next three weeks Wednesday. No live crowd to burn out, then you can send everyone home and hope things are better by then.

• Like 2

On 3/14/2020 at 8:18 PM, Web Conn said:

I have a cousin whose lived in Boise for ten years now. He was telling over Christmas how much the city had grown in the past decade.

If they could pull of BSU like the 25th or the 1st, that would be really cool. Everything is so touch and go right now who knows. I wonder if Blood & Guts gets pushed back to Double or Nothing I'm sure if things start to clear up in a week or two and they can run BSU and BSU can hold two rings and a roofed Cage they'd run it. This of course is all speculation.

Blood & Guts should get pushed back to July 22nd to really give it time to build. 

Doesn't have anything to do with the fact that July 22nd is the rescheduled Newark show, would it?

edit: for real though, who knows what they do from here on out but unless this situation worsens dramatically I doubt we see the war games match delayed until then. They would probably give Jersey another destination Dynamite with a big match or two to soothe things over.

Edited by Oyaji

2 minutes ago, Oyaji said:

Doesn't have anything to do with the fact that July 22nd is the rescheduled Newark show, would it?

edit: for real though, who knows what they do from here on out but unless this situation worsens dramatically I doubt we see the war games match delayed until then. They would probably give Jersey another destination Dynamite with a big match or two to soothe things over.

Of course not, how selfish do you think I am?

• Haha 2

34 minutes ago, Oyaji said:

They said or sound like they're still doing Blood and Guts on 3/25.

2 minutes ago, Web Conn said:

Does Cody own Great America Bash? Cuz call the Newark Show that 

No, WWE does.

And empty arena everything is something we're just going to have to get used to. I think it's something that could work for both WWE and AEW, but they're going to have to figure out how to shoot it in a way that works. Tighter shots, talk into the camera, make it more like a studio show, etc.

Tonight is going to be the biggest test. 3 hours of empty arena Raw may be the most brutal shit ever.

Agreed. I'm repeating myself but wrestling is about emotion and the crowd is as important in that aspect as the wrestlers. I'll watch AEW because fuck it, but I ain't even looking forward to it at this point.

The Stardom empty arena shows work, because everyone is in a faction, and so they have seconds making the crowd noise. Coincidentally, AEW is also faction based. It's only WWE where only heels have friends.

13 minutes ago, AxB said:

The Stardom empty arena shows work, because everyone is in a faction, and so they have seconds making the crowd noise. Coincidentally, AEW is also faction based. It's only WWE where only heels have friends.

That’s one show, and they took a gamble. STARDOM probably won’t bother with it again. They’ll wait, and comeback strong.

The one issue they have is, you've got the Bucks (except Nick is on paternity leave) SCU and Cutler in So Cal, Cody and Brandi in Atlanta, Dustin and Sammy in Texas, Moxley in Vegas, Santana and Ortiz in New York, Jericho and Omega in Florida, Hangman in South Carolina...any kind of domestic travel ban (which is what Italy and Spain have right now) really messes up their ability to assemble the roster. Whereas WWE making everyone in NXT move to live near the PC actually means they can run empty arena no problem.