DVDVR Message Board

This is Raw's Brutality! - 2/3/2020

Dolfan in NYC

5 minutes ago, Casey said:

That's stupid because they have four brands.

I don't watch NXT UK,  do they normally have a title feud and then other feuds for the women or just a title feud?  I'll be interested to see how many women's feuds are on the WrestleMania card,  I'd be very surprised to see a non-title feud present. 

Just now, Dewar said:

Read your own post. Please show where you mentioned four feuds. 

I'll give him some credit here. When he normally trots out his talking point about three feuds, it's about there never being anything going on outside the singles title feuds (which, well...). So by acknowledging Liv vs Lana, in his mind he's acknowledging a fourth feud. 

The worst part of this conversation is I'm making cracks about someone who sucks at counting and I have to self-censor my Iowa jokes. 

3 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

@West Newbury Bad Boy I didn't contradict myself at all.  As for your trolling posts,  I'm not taking them seriously because you are one of the people who complain that Peyton and Billie don't have anything to do and they can't get on TV. 

I am?

It's always weird that when you repeat my opinions back to me, they don't sound much like my opinions. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

I'll give him some credit here. When he normally trots out his talking point about three feuds, it's about there never being anything going on outside the singles title feuds (which, well...

Which is true most of the time, which is the point.  I acknowledged that Liv/Lana was a feud whether people actually liked it or not is another story.  This all goes back to Bianca because there's no reason for her to be in title feud after title feud,  they could have protected her by allowing her to fight other people. 

2 hours ago, AxB said:

So Mojo Rawley is the 24/7 Champion. His belt is on the line at all times, in all places. Except he had a non-title match last night. How is that even possible?

Sometimes they establish pre-match that the title isn't on the line for said specific match. It started as a heel move for Elias, but is being done now likely to avoid guys who don't need or want the belt having to defend it after beating the champ.

13 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Bianca Belair.  She does have a title match this week but I mean come on,  she has about as much of a chance as Ricochet does in Saudi.  She shouldn't go over Rhea Ripley,  not now of course because Rhea is red hot but that begs the question why has she had so many title opportunities where it's clear as day she's just there to do the job?  

I'm sure someone in the back thought she'd be fine because look how many people she eliminated in the Rumble but no.. she's not fine.  She has a reputation of failing when it matters most. 

I'm starting to think they view her as a good talent that can put other people over and that's the absolute dumbest thing they should be thinking because she has a star quality and they are failing to capitalize on it. No surprise either.  

They could've waited until next Monday to tease Charlotte vs Rhea. Atleast last year at this time you could buy into Bianca beating Shayna. Why'd they even go with Bianca for this Takeover if she's going to lose again.  They'll probably move her to RAW and basically start fresh with her. 

I forgot about Riott but she definitely can go in the ring. I can see Heyman push her as the Female CM Punk. barely seen much of her NXT work or indie stuff but I when she got called up I thought she was the best women out of that recent crop to get called up since Ember. They are very similar in that they really deliver in the ring but they have no real direction. 

21 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

Asuka was wearing a tank top cut so her tits were sticking out. I... well, I can't complain, but it was weird. 

I consider you one of the good ones here, but I'm going to have to pull the "pics or gtfo" card before I believe such nonsense.

• Haha 3

What was up in the Asuka vs Natalya match any way? Why was Nattie all pissed off after the duelling leglocks bit, and shouting about shooting on me? Was the big facekick later deliberate?

13 minutes ago, Oyaji said:

Did you have a red light go on and a siren ringing loudly when that question was asked?

I was just trying to be helpful. Even put it in spoiler tags since we've been told x number of times to knock it off with the lady photos.

DZ, on the other hand, is a bot programmed to respond to many variations of the command "please show me tits." 

1 hour ago, Craig H said:

I bet Niners is ripped as shit or at the very least has beefier arms than AxB from moving goalposts so much. He does it so much he doesn't even know he's doing it. It's like breathing.

Don't ask and you won't receive:

Note to self: Look at the mirror and not the camera view in future.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Craig H said:

I bet Niners is ripped as shit or at the very least has beefier arms than AxB from moving goalposts so much. He does it so much he doesn't even know he's doing it. It's like breathing.

Not really. I said there were 4 ongoing feuds,  usually there are three across three brands.  There are a bunch of women doing nothing.  There will be no non-title feuds for the women at WrestleMania.   All true. 

VINDICATION! 

Really wasn't trying to be Cibernetical there, it just struck me at the time. Now that I can see it's a nice mesh shirt -- and not a shirt, an entire onesie thingmajig --  I wonder if it was made that way or she cut it up herself, in which case I hope it just wasn't expensive. 

The rumblings are that they've dropped the Rusev/Lashley storyline because Rusev hasn't re-signed yet and it explains why he was always jobbing. It really does kinda look like he's gone now, and it looks like they're preparing the ground to move Lana out of her storyline with Liv Morgan, and not be Lashley's valet. I mean she is really annoying and horrible as a wrestler, but she kinda is a good heel. But it looks like they may be preparing to drop her from TV. Which might be leverage - it's not entirely obvious she has a place in AEW, and on a strictly selfish basis I would quite like to see Rusev in a different company from Lana as I can't help thinking she's an albatross for him professionally at this point.

Edited by ComingToAmerica

Her place in AEW would clearly be "Rusev's valet." There isn't a real reason why AEW should bring in Rusev without her. I don't see how she's an albatross. His issues with the company over the years seem to point to some creep backstage trying as hard as he can to break them up. Unless Tony Khan plans on running endless breakup angles trying to make life imitate art, it wouldn't be an issue in AEW.

• Like 1