DVDVR Message Board

NCAAF 2020: OFFSEASON

Dolfan in NYC

LSU stud receiver and reigning Biletnikoff winner Ja’Marr Chase is opting out and going into the Draft.

At this point, basically every difference maker on last year’s LSU team is gone.  If they actually play a full season, the dropoff could be epic.

2 hours ago, EVA said:

LSU might want to opt out of 2020.

Plus the offensive coordinator who orchestrated the offense.

This could be worse than Auburn's title defense.

But, still, what an incredible year.

34 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Go ahead and save this tweet for late October when half of... Oh let's say... Purdue's team is out sick.

Reminder, 183,000 people are dead.

Point of order: which one-yard-line? His own?

• Haha 2

LSU had another player opt out yesterday, too.  They’re reportedly down to 70 scholarship players on the roster.  I’m not sure what it says about what’s going on in that program right now.  It seems like Coach O hasn’t been very effective at convincing the returning players that this season will be worthwhile for them.

On the flip side, Alabama has had zero players opt out thus far.

Edited by EVA

41 minutes ago, EVA said:

LSU had another player opt out yesterday, too.  They’re reportedly down to 70 scholarship players on the roster.  I’m not sure what it says about what’s going on in that program right now.  It seems like Coach O hasn’t been very effective at convincing the returning players that this season will be worthwhile for them.

On the flip side, Alabama has had zero players opt out thus far.

Given the explosion of cases near Alabama campus these past weeks, these players have to be in a complete bubble isolated from things or just lucky as hell

4 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Go ahead and save this tweet for late October when half of... Oh let's say... Purdue's team is out sick.

Reminder, 183,000 people are dead.

Damn, I'm starting to think this Trump guy might not be on the level.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Zimbra said:

Damn, I'm starting to think this Trump guy might not be on the level.

I'm starting to think he may not have the respect of our country's educators. Or college presidents for that matter.

This is huge and unexpected.  Newman was a hyped grad transfer from Wake Forest who was expected to be UGA’s starter.

He’ll be replaced by JT Daniels, *another* transfer, from USC, who is talented but not very experienced.

On 9/1/2020 at 2:36 PM, Zimbra said:

Why, Rippa, are you suggesting that there's some reason the president is targeting this guy:

Headshot.jpg?width=1024&mode=crop

But not this guy:

larry-scott-kirby-lee.jpg

Whysoever could that possibly be?

While what you're implying is certainly a possibility, the more likely explanation is that getting football restarted in Wisconsin, Ohio, Michigan, and Pennsylvania is a lot more likely to help Trump's re-election that getting football restarted in California, Oregon, and Washington.

• Like 1

I would like someone to make a play for getting Hawaii's season up and running even though all the recent presidential elections were called before the polls in Hawaii even close. WHAT ABOUT THE 50TH STATE, HUH? DO IT FOR LORD JAMES BLEARS!

11 hours ago, EVA said:

That news turned out to be false btw.  The doctor had to retract the statement.

Penn State Health later clarified that the 30-35% figure pertaining to COVID-19-positive Big Ten athletes verbally shared with Dr. Wayne Sebastianelli by a colleague was actually published at the lower rate of 15%. He was unaware of that when he made his comments at the State College school board meeting, a spokesperson said.

I wonder where the disconnect happened. Still an unacceptably high rate, consider that most of these kids would've been getting fairly regular EKGs and such which would've picked up problems before they got COVID. But I just know that people are still hung up on misunderstanding the "only 6% of people died of COVID" from the CDC recently, so this will just add to their stupidity.

Edited by RIPPA
2nd half of post broke board