DVDVR Message Board

NCAAF 2020: OFFSEASON

Dolfan in NYC

13 hours ago, EVA said:

That news turned out to be false btw.  The doctor had to retract the statement.

I don't know if false is how I'd describe the fact he retracted the statement.  You should never trust a doctor who works for someone other than the patient.  How do you trust that the director of athletic information for a school that has a huge financial stake in playing football, isn't being pressured to retract his statement.  Honestly, what's in it for him to publicly state that 30-35% number, if it wasn't based on real information that he's seen?  There's a chance he just made that shit up, but why the hell would he do that?  Seriously, count in your mind the reasons you can come up with for him to do it, and then ask how realistic any of those reasons are.  Then ask yourself, why would he retract that statement and then ask how realistic those reasons are.  I know what side is more realistic to me, and it isn't that some dude just decided to make up a crazy number.  

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, supremebve said:

.  Honestly, what's in it for him to publicly state that 30-35% number, if it wasn't based on real information that he's seen?  

He literally just misremembered the number.  He was quoting a study conducted by someone else when he said it was around 35%, but then when they went back and checked the actual published study, they found that it was actually 15%.

No conspiracy here.  Just a simple mistake that got blown way out of proportion.

• Like 1