DVDVR Message Board

The Walking Dead.

The Natural

Maybe it's just me, but I feel like the show has become too slow. I'm just bored. I know they're building to stuff, but having so many different groups they're focusing on, I feel like there's a lack of development in the story.

• Like 1

CM Punk is going to be on The Talking Dead next week. I think this his first public appearance since the whole walkout deal. Kind of appropriate actually. I hope they announce him as "unemployed Walking Dead fan".

CM Punk is going to be on The Talking Dead next week. I think this his first public appearance since the whole walkout deal. Kind of appropriate actually. I hope they announce him as "unemployed Walking Dead fan".

Now I'm going to be disappointed if they announce as anything other than that.

What the hell was that thing at the start of the episode, with Daryl back on his bike and Glen driving the truck, meeting Bob and not recognising him? Was that supposed to be a flashback? Because I spent the whole episode convinced it was them doing the 'show the ending at the start' thing and wondered why they were letting us know in advance that Glen and Daryl would meet up - when Daryl was in the mortuary I knew he'd get out fine because we'd already seen him meeting Bob afterwards.

Really, not putting a '3 Months ago' title on that bit totally killed it for me.

What the hell was that thing at the start of the episode, with Daryl back on his bike and Glen driving the truck, meeting Bob and not recognising him? Was that supposed to be a flashback? Because I spent the whole episode convinced it was them doing the 'show the ending at the start' thing and wondered why they were letting us know in advance that Glen and Daryl would meet up - when Daryl was in the mortuary I knew he'd get out fine because we'd already seen him meeting Bob afterwards.

Really, not putting a '3 Months ago' title on that bit totally killed it for me.

I thought it was pretty clear that it was a flashback. Bob has already established that he was alone before the prison and that he was feeling survivor's guilt for being the last man standing out of his previous two groups (hence him downing Nyquil to get buzzed and sleep, not giving a shit about the walker scratching at his makeshift cage, etc). They've made it clear that Daryl found him on the road and then Daryl and Glenn asked him Rick's Three Questions of Doom.

I can't even watch this show anymore. I've tried watching the last couple, but I always ends up getting bored and changing the channel. I think their heart is in the right place, but it's hard to do slow, character-based episodes when all your characters are weak. These episodes have almost made me wish the show would go back to being stupid. At least I'd get some entertainment out of it.

• Like 1

I left for vacation last Tuesday, and after watching last Sunday's episode, I'm using this as an opportunity to punt on the series. It's just so poorly written and developed...I don't give a shit about anything anymore. Has there even been anything resembling a long-time storyline coming out of this half season? The prison gets destroyed, and... wander, wander, wandering. Just too little going on for me to continue to invest my time on this.

Yeah, it's pretty aimless.

I guess we're supposed to be anticipating everyone meeting up again in Terminus and intrigued by Eugene and his crew, but we've been watching this show long enough to know that 1) no place is safe, and most places that promise safety usually harbor as much secret danger as the the zombies outside, and 2) people are rarely who they claim to be, so you should never take what they say at face value. So what we're really doing as viewers is waiting for the proverbial shoes to inevitably drop on both of those things, when we find out OF COURSE Terminus isn't as advertised and OF COURSE Eugene is full of shit. As a result, neither of those things are compelling enough to hold our interest while everybody wanders about the countryside.

And I'm not entirely sure how many times Glenn and Maggie have actually been separated over the course of the show - since all they ever do is talk about each other every second they're not on screen together, it seems like a 100 times by now - but I sure as hell don't care about them reuniting yet again.

• Like 1

My biggest issue is that for all intents and purposes, these characters are dead. I assume there will never be a cure, there will never be a safe haven, any refuge they find will eventually get all fucked up, they'll wander some more, there will be tension, a black guy or woman will die, a new one will come along, etc., etc. That's all the show is and that's all it will ever be. The only possible end is that a majority of these people die and then the rest keep moving on. To where? Who knows! That really isn't satisfying at all.

They definitely painted themselves into a corner with the everyone is infected part of the storyline.  I think they did that just to make it easier for the people to turn to walkers since they wouldn't have to sit around and wait several hours to see them eventually turn.

I think they should try to take advantage of the Judith character like since she is one of the few people born after the apocalpyse that she would be immune to turning.  At least there would be some sort of hope for the future that at least their spawn could live normal lives.

Plus as far as a storyline purpose go most of the walkers have been zombified for at least 2 years at this point in time so you would think that by now their walking zombified corpses would be very deteriorated by now and eventually you would get to the point to where you could kill off a lot of the nearby walkers by now.

The show loosely uses story lines from the comics. There is a lot of traveling in the comics post-prison.

I am curious as to what the end game for the show will be, since it's going to end long before the comic does.

The show loosely uses story lines from the comics. There is a lot of traveling in the comics post-prison.

I am curious as to what the end game for the show will be, since it's going to end long before the comic does.

Well, something I've been curious about is the usefulness of the gasoline they're using. Whatever gasoline that's out there hasn't been maintained, so doesn't it lose its effectiveness?

My biggest issue is that for all intents and purposes, these characters are dead. I assume there will never be a cure, there will never be a safe haven, any refuge they find will eventually get all fucked up, they'll wander some more, there will be tension, a black guy or woman will die, a new one will come along, etc., etc. That's all the show is and that's all it will ever be. The only possible end is that a majority of these people die and then the rest keep moving on. To where? Who knows! That really isn't satisfying at all.

It is almost as if the living are the true walking dead...

Yeah, this was insanely heavy.  I have no shame in saying I was affected by this.  The first death was very off-putting, the second one just really got me.  It was necessary, but man did that bring out the waterworks from my fiancé and I.  Of Mice and Men indeed.

And hey, they even got CM Punk crying before the show officially started so take that for what it's worth.