DVDVR Message Board

The Walking Dead.

The Natural

It was definitely disturbing, but I think that it lost some impact because they just teased killing Judith 2 episodes prior.  Diminishing returns and all that.  I feel like teasing killing a baby is something they are going to do whenever they want shock factor.

See, now that's the episode they should have started the season with. The producers are kidding themselves if they think Rick and Carl are the number one faces of the show. I hope the group stays separated forever. I am much more interested in a show with 5 or 6 short stories each episode, rather than one hour of debates!

Zombie Execution Bus was some cool ass shit.

Loved the ending. Great walk-on.

I don't read the comics but these 3 new characters feel like they came out of some corny action movie.  Super soldier (who amusingly has trouble in a fight with Glen), innapropriately dressed hottie soldier, and aspie scientist.  Not working for me so far.

• Like 1

A solider getting bested by Glenn may be right up there with Lori's driving skillz as far as really stupid fucking scenes.

Yep.  Then i was wondering if the soldier isn't really a soldier.  Then I was thinking that he's pretty good with a gun.  Then I realized that they had those 7 year old girls picking off zombies at 30 paces last season, so whoo.the fuck knows.

So, out of everything from this episode, and I forgot to comment about it before, but Rick must smell like the worst parts of BO, shit, mud, shit, old bacon grease, spoiled meat, and shit. They've done a great job of making him look like a complete bum. I want a scene where Rick walks out into a group of walkers and they don't do shit to him because they think he's one of them. That motherfucker could do 30 jumping jacks around a group of zombies and not one zombie would do anything.

Unless you're dealing with Pvt. Pyle, so are most soldiers.

I get it but you're making it seem like he was having trouble with fighting pregnant Laurie. Glen may be sick but he's shown that he can handle himself plus he sucker punched Abraham and is running on adrenaline and emotion. It's not inconceivable that Glenn would be able to hold his own in a fight against that guy for a little bit.

I don't read the comics but these 3 new characters feel like they came out of some corny action movie.  Super soldier (who amusingly has trouble in a fight with Glen), inappropriately dressed hottie soldier, and aspie scientist.  Not working for me so far.

Overall I agree, but I can't really be too upset about that part of it...........

• Like 1

Compare that with how clean and fresh Michone and Carl looked and you might be onto something with your 'smell like a zombie, be a zombie' theory.

And yet in the first episode back, Michonne had clearly activated her "Invisible to zombies" cheat code again. Even before getting her two new pets.

• Like 1

I actually thought it was pretty brilliant. They either get their aggression out by committing sweet, sweet arson, or they get their aggression out AND they burn down the forest and kill all the walkers in it. WIN-WIN!

Really liked the episode with the surprising bond between Daryl and Beth.  

On Talking Dead they're hinting at them possibly hooking up.  How old is Beth supposed to be on the show again?  She seems way too young for Daryl, but what do I know.  I likely missed something because I imagined it was some underage drinking she was doing.  I know in what they're going through it doesn't matter but still.  Daryl breaking down was pretty awesome.  It doesn't happen much, but when it does it means something.  I like that.

Also, FORE!

tumblr_n1v2caCwYk1qbxh0uo1_r2_400.gif

I found out that the actress who plays Beth is 28. My mind was blown. In the show I'm guessing she's supposed to be around 16 or so.

EDIT: According to the Walking Dead Wikia, Beth was 18 in season 4.

I have this theory that the show is just a massive piece of anti-Running Zombie propaganda. Only at an early production meaning, somebody misunderstood the phrase "They have to move really slowly" and thought they meant the pace of the storylines.