DVDVR Message Board
RIPPA

THE OTHER RANDOM FOOTBALL LEAGUES THREAD

6 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Washington Gov. Jay Inslee has just placed a ban on gatherings of more than 250 people in the Seattle area due to the COVID-19 outbreak.  So, this weekend's game between Seattle and LA (if it happens as scheduled) will be not only in an empty stadium, it will be with absolute bare bones staff/personnel/broadcasters.  

The Dragons are expected to comment today on their plans. 

XFL confirmed the game will take place as scheduled without any fans.

Yeah - a few folks have said the expectation is the XFL will suspend the season but I haven't seen anything official yet

Season suspended

wow. Vince finally gets a modestly successful football league going, and a few weeks in the season is cancelled because of a virus. 

It's weird that they said suspend instead of cancelled since they aren't starting up again until next year.

SO with that said - apparently XFL players will be allowed to sign with NFL teams starting today (since the XFL league year is over)

A Seattle Dragons player has tested positive for Covid-19.  The team and the three teams they played are now being asked to self-quarantine

XFL season is now officially canceled:

I guess is was only officially suspended until today

• Sad 1

I'm not going to lie, XFL was fun to watch and a million times better than their first run. I thought it was an actual viable product and it sucks that it was successful and it got shut down anyway.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Craig H said:

I'm not going to lie, XFL was fun to watch and a million times better than their first run. I thought it was an actual viable product and it sucks that it was successful and it got shut down anyway.

I was really enjoying it. More than I expected, by far.

Congrats to @Lawful Metal, Houston ended up at the top of one league, at least. And, as far as we know, they didn't even have to cheat!

• Haha 1

Woohoo!  First undefeated season in XFL History!!!

Also I heard that PJ Walker was getting interest from Seattle, Denver, and other places (Not Houston, apparently, but they have a truly shitty GM).  Good for him.  hope some of the other guys can get a sniff at training camps whenever those happen. 

A small note on player movement north or lack thereof: