DVDVR Message Board

THE OTHER RANDOM FOOTBALL LEAGUES THREAD

RIPPA

1 hour ago, The Man Known as Dan said:

How in the sam hell is Jordan Ta’amu not signed somewhere. Walker I get, he’s 5’10 and I understand the questions. But Ta’amu is 6’3, can move, and looks like a polished passer. How did he get to the XFL?

Because Bill O’Brien is an idiot?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The BattleHawks (Ka-KAW) have announced they are opening the upper deck for their week 7 game. If it wasn’t a Saturday, aka a day I work, I would attend.

Oh, there opponent that day? LA. Whoever decided LA should go to St. Louis season one was brilliant.

Edited by The Man Known as Dan
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, The Man Known as Dan said:

The BattleHawks (Ka-KAW) have announced they are opening the upper deck for their week 7 game. If it wasn’t a Saturday, aka a day I work, I would attend.

Oh, there opponent that day? LA. Whoever decided LA should go to St. Louis season one was brilliant.

I've mentioned I'm all in on the Houston Roughnecks, but I really hope the league survives for the sake of those St. Louis fans. They are so damn into this team, it's awesome.

A vendor who worked the Seattle Dragons game on Feb. 22 has tested positive for COVID-19. 

The vendor's company, the stadium, and the league are adding extra sanitation procedures, and have stated the risk of infection to patrons is extremely low.

---

Wash. Your. Hands.

I have to say I didn't think the gambling aspect would move the needle for me, but seeing how the Guardians are 2-0 outright as a home dog is one of those little things that make you pay a little more attention to the games.

Its the stupidest fucking thing but it is a great thing because it is something that will bring attention and not for the wrong reasons

• Like 1

3 hours ago, hammerva said:

It is funny that the first two hyped players pre-season are now finished.  Landry Jones hurt and Cardale Jones benched for being awful

Jones looked so damn good the first two weeks, too. 

4 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Its the stupidest fucking thing but it is a great thing because it is something that will bring attention and not for the wrong reasons

The Winnipeg Blue Bombers student section used to do this, and I hated it, because you would end up with someone else's stale leftover beer dripping on you.

• Like 1

Pep Hamilton says Cardale Jones is still the starter.

Says they always planned on playing Tyree Jackson on the 3rd series this past weekend. It just so happened that Cardale sucked and Jackson was providing them a spark.

So basically you are gonna see both QBs the rest of the way

Washington Gov. Jay Inslee has just placed a ban on gatherings of more than 250 people in the Seattle area due to the COVID-19 outbreak.  So, this weekend's game between Seattle and LA (if it happens as scheduled) will be not only in an empty stadium, it will be with absolute bare bones staff/personnel/broadcasters.  

The Dragons are expected to comment today on their plans.