DVDVR Message Board

THE OTHER RANDOM FOOTBALL LEAGUES THREAD

RIPPA

Murray has super Happy Feet running out of the Pocket even when the protection is there. I Think Quinton Flowers should start next week against the Dragons and I kind of hope the Dragons use Keenan Reynolds more like the early Kordell Stewart. 

• Like 1

From the games I've seen so far, the XFL is way ahead of where the AAF was when they started.

It helps that Vince McMahon has decided to eschew things like "CHEERLEADER LOCKER ROOM CAM" and stuff to focus on the actual football this time, I reckon.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Brian Fowler said:

It'll almost certainly take a big drop next week, but we'll have to see from there if it free falls or stabilizes.

It seemed like Saturday was the perfect storm. The only other big thing in terms of sports was UFC 247, which only had two notable matchups and that was well after those games were over.

48 minutes ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

It seemed like Saturday was the perfect storm. The only other big thing in terms of sports was UFC 247, which only had two notable matchups and that was well after those games were over.

True. Also, both the AAF and the original XFL saw huge drop offs from week one to week two.

But this slate of games seems to have been better received overall than either of those were.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, FluffSnackwell said:

The Tampa Bay Vipers looked like they purchased their uniforms from an Oregon Ducks yard sale.

I was thinking if a Mello Yello can and a Surge can could have a baby, and that baby was a shitty football jersey design. That.

Edited by Elsalvajeloco
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Serious Darius Bagfelt said:

I think if the ratings don't bottom out too bad this may stick around for a bit.  Don't know if you are going to get much fan interest in the form of ticket buying unfortunately.

They do have 4 more home openers spread over the next two weeks that - in theory - will goose sales a bit.

The key cities to look at this week are DC and Houston since they are going to be hosting again so you can directly compare Week 1 to Week 2 (especially DC since there has been nothing but positive buzz about it since Saturday)

4 hours ago, Serious Darius Bagfelt said:

I think if the ratings don't bottom out too bad this may stick around for a bit.  Don't know if you are going to get much fan interest in the form of ticket buying unfortunately.

Considering they sold more tickets in their first week than the AAF did for their entire season...

• Like 1

Within one game, Donald Parham has become one of my favorite players in all of football.

Insanely tall, lumbery but with good hands.  He's basically every Madden tight end I've ever drafted and developed into a star in one of my franchises. 

• Like 2