DVDVR Message Board

AEW - 2019

Dolfan in NYC

I'm still confused as to if they'll do a straight up tag match between the Lucha Bros and The Young Bucks, or if they'll add Best Friends. But, either way, add that match to Jericho/Omega 2 and PAC versus Hangman Page, and that's not a bad triple main event of your first show for your brand new promotion.

27 minutes ago, Edwin said:

Don't know about any of these other ladies, but they are going to get wrecked by Aja Kong.

Yuka Sakazaki is contracted to TJPW/DDT. She is one of the talents from there I hear good things about from those who do watch regularly.

Nyla Rose has been a regular in Japan for 2-3 years usually working for Marvelous and Sendai. Not seen enough of her to really comment.

Aja is contracted Oz Academy though seemingly can do whatever the fuck she wants.

• Thanks 1

I've seen a handful of Sakazaki matches and she's sloppy and not very good even if she's got charming, go get 'em attitude, dope genie pants and splash finish (that she can usually pull off... usually...). 

I have a hard time they won't do anything other than BTE episodes to promote their first show for the next three-plus months. I mean, if the website is crashing because of demand and they sell a huge amount of tickets right off the bat, then maybe they don't need to.

1 minute ago, D.Z said:

Wonder what this means for Kota Ibushi.

Nothing. Kota isn't going to be tied down to one company.

Well, unless they sign Kota by telling him he has total free reign and as a signing bonus they give him a giant crate of roman candles.

• Like 2

Not super enthusiastic by seeing Jericho vs. Omega over again, but they are trying to go for star power for Garden Arena. Lucha Bros. vs. Bucks is awesome though.

I think there's a good chance they will sell out MGM Grand Garden Arena. Link broke almost immediately for presale signups. 

Also, watching that gif reminds me to ask how the fuck is Heidi Katrina not signed yet? People are getting signed up purely on potential and with her size and looks, who cares if she can't work well yet?

9 minutes ago, Oyaji said:

Tamina/dollar store Nia Jax, will you?!

Not in a million years. Holy shit, that's a dope spot.

The vert on her!

If that spot only got two, that's bullshit, and no, the context in which the spot was done wouldn't change my mind one bit. 

So if they've picked up Kylie Ray, that pretty much means no Kay Lee Ray, unless she's changing her name, yeah?

No Marty Scurll? Is he staying in NJPW then?

Just now, AxB said:

So if they've picked up Kylie Ray, that pretty much means no Kay Lee Ray, unless she's changing her name, yeah?

No Marty Scurll? Is he staying in NJPW then?

Scurll is still under RoH contract until August.  

Marty's signed with ROH for who knows how long. People are guessing at ~6-8 months. WWE will obviously try to sign him too.

Looking at how expensive airfare and hotels are for a possible trip. I doubt I'll do it but it would be fun despite not having any desire to be in Las Vegas.

Just now, Raziel said:

Scurll is still under RoH contract until August.  

What's the source on this?