DVDVR Message Board

AEW - 2019

Dolfan in NYC

Just now, Oyaji said:

Marty's signed with ROH for who knows how long. People are guessing at ~6-8 months. WWE will obviously try to sign him too.

Looking at how expensive airfare and hotels are for a possible trip. I doubt I'll do it but it would be fun despite not having any desire to be in Las Vegas.

What's the source on this?

I don't have one, that was the month I heard tossed around the most.

• Thanks 1

But Bea Priestly is coming to AEW, right? So Ayeesha is the only WoS woman without a deal... although apparently one of the Owens twins was there but not used. Oh well. Is WoS officially dead now?

28 minutes ago, Oyaji said:

Jesus Christ, Bix is insufferable.

I Google searched David Bixenspan once after watching parts of that Hulk Hogan Gawker documentary on Netflix. Yikes. Never again. His Twitter was the absolute worse.

2 minutes ago, AxB said:

But Bea Priestly is coming to AEW, right? So Ayeesha is the only WoS woman without a deal... although apparently one of the Owens twins was there but not used. Oh well. Is WoS officially dead now?

I'm pretty sure Priestly and Ospreay just moved to Japan. One would think working for AEW would be a major hassle, but who knows. The rumors are/were that she's a part of the AEW women's division, though.

World Of Sport is probably dead, though. At least the women's side of things, anyway. The title changed hands 3 or 4 times within the span of two weeks during their most recent tour.

I did not see the entire presser but two things.  

1. They look BIG LEAGUE.  Production values were great. I guess that can happen when dude is a billionaire. 

2. I can't complain about any of these signings.  I wanted them to get Omega and the Lucha Bros and they completed that task.  Maybe they need a few more people but it's looking like a great roster on paper.  

• Like 2

Brandi listed Sonny Kiss in her tweet about the women’s division. And I’m just now learning that Nyla Rose is transgender, which is pretty cool. If this was WWE, they’d be beating us over the head with that fact.

A lot of people are going to hate that Sonny and Nyla are a part of AEW, and their women’s division, but they’re already pushing boundaries.

• Like 1

Production value was top notch. This thing is gonna look just as good as WWE if not better.

Creative is what it is. It’s gonna be dudes with unexplained nicknames and no character telling each other they’re the best for two hours. 

1 hour ago, Craig H said:

Man, imagine old time DVDVR seeing this. CIMA was god to so many back then.

I was such a mark for Crazy MAX that I bribed an associate member (Super Boy) for his Crazy MAX tanktop.

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Edwin said:

I Google searched David Bixenspan once after watching parts of that Hulk Hogan Gawker documentary on Netflix. Yikes. Never again. His Twitter was the absolute worse.

Bix became Rovert.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Guys we need to brainstorm on how they can explain the “Best Bout Machine” nickname for Kenny Omega to....casual fans.... without having back to back to back matches on their TV show. Because who the fuck watches wrestling to see wrestling matches. ANY IDEAS???

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Thibs said:

Judging by how many people watch Impact, NXT, ROH, MLW, NJPW.... pretty much nobody. Sorry to break the news.

I mean, if you want to watch a weekly wrestling show that doesn’t feature too much wrestling... there’s 5 hours of it on Monday and Tuesdays on the USA Network. This product obviously isn’t going to be for you - almost all of the roster so far are “cruiserweights”, no MAINSTREAM names, too much wrestling, “no creativity”... so, why are you still here? The production got you that hype?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Dewar said:

So we are up to five EVP's now? More bloated than a government agency, am I right? 

Four. Page isn’t in a backstage role, as far as I know. It’s just the Bucks, Cody and Omega as the EVPs.

7 minutes ago, Casey said:

I mean, if you want to watch a weekly wrestling show that doesn’t feature too much wrestling... there’s 5 hours of it on Monday and Tuesdays on the USA Network. This product obviously isn’t going to be for you - almost all of the roster so far are “cruiserweights”, no MAINSTREAM names, too much wrestling, “no creativity”... so, why are you still here? The production got you that hype?

Dude STFU. You asked who would watch a wrestling show for a bunch of meaningless matches and I gave you four or five examples of that type of show that barely anyone watches.

This isn’t a debate. 

On your second point, you’re not wrong. I was holding out hope that there would be a good mix of story and wrestling. There doesn’t seem to be so I’ll wait until they try to pull this shit on TV to the tune of 200K viewership and (possibly) wake up.

• Haha 1