DVDVR Message Board

AEW - 2019

Dolfan in NYC

1 minute ago, Brian Fowler said:

Didn't Cody just have (or is about to have) knee surgery?

According to Dave, he's scheduled to have surgery February 12; but it's pretty minor, and he'll only be out 2-3 months. The expectation is he'll be able to work Double or Nothing.

3 minutes ago, D.Z said:

There's still characters and possible post match promos. They can still do faction and faction wars.

But it's not going to be TV angle heavy it seems.

We shall see. It’ll depend on how they perform ratings wise first and foremost.

I would imagine that if they’re on a big time network, that network is going to have at least some say. 

1 minute ago, Oyaji said:

Don't feed into this. It's been discussed ad nauseum. 

So... Like... What's a good summer themed ppv name that could have cool beach sets? And do they run a shark moat match? 

I’m actually really excited about the Jacksonville gun violence charity PPV.

I really hope they bring in some of the Parkland kids to do some speeches or have some kind of involvement.

5 hours ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

One more day until news, y'all...

Anyone expect any matches for Double Or Nothing to be announced? Or will they think Omega showing up will be enough? 

Well they gotta announce some matches if they want people outside of their own fanbase to care about this show, right? Maybe Ryback versus Bram?

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, D.Z said:

There's still characters and possible post match promos. They can still do faction and faction wars.

But it's not going to be TV angle heavy it seems.

I think the best approach would be mostly matches on TV (that's the strong point of the roster), and then NJPW-style interviews in a post-match show which can go 20-30 minutes and be streamed on youtube.  Use the announcers to further angles and stuff.

I'd even do the most matches are tags things NJPW does, with the occasional tag team contenders doing singles against each other.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

I think a lot of things in life would be better served if the snark level was turned down 8 notches and people held off on commenting a lot until actual news is released. 

FTFY

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Casey said:

Yeah, they need that sweet, sweet 35-50 year old demographic.

now that i fall into this category i am highly offended. i mean, i don't disagree with the cynical post, i just disagree with being 36 and whatever else that entails.