DVDVR Message Board
RIPPA

2019 NXT UK TV THOUGHTS

I guess I'm alone in not getting Kay Lee Ray's whole thing. That 'surfing for the first time' pose she does is awkward and she doesn't really stand out in the ring that much. I thought there were better women around to topple Toni Storm and there's better women now to carry the title. I see KLR with the belt and I just think

tenor.gif

Really enjoyed the Hunt vs. Pretty Deadly. Mastiff/Williams was also pretty nice though I'm not sure if Williams was legit hurt or just selling that well. Starz/Devlin was a good showcase for Starz. Piper/Jazzy was fun while it lasted though I don't think Piper needed a straight up win here or anything.

The backstage segments with Dar/Seven and Xia/Nina were nice.

Nothing great match wise today, but I thought everything was pretty nice and there was some good build for future episodes.

Nice to see Starz getting a little shine. He seems to be someone they like, he's always included amongst staff members (alongside James Mason) when they have media opportunities at the PC or big tryouts, so I guess he's got a secure spot, but he's a really good talent too.

Trent Seven vs. Noam Dar is need to see this week on NXT UK. Not as good as KLR vs. Nox but still the 2nd best NXT UK TV match since Takeover Cardiff. 

Need to catch up by at least two episodes, but I really dug the Gallus vs. Andrews/Webster match from a few weeks back. That was way better than I expected and easily the best match Gallus has had. Wolfgang stepped up, and Mark Coffey didn't drag things down. Webster and Andrews were generally good as usual.

Got a soft spot for Mark (can't imagine why,) and I really think that he found his calling being thrown around by Wolfie. 

Someone told me that Nina Samuels needs to be managing Pretty Deadly and the more I think about it, the righter that is. 

Loved the Trent vs. Dar feud apart from that one DQ finish. The idea behind it was solid, but the actual DQ they went with was weird because that's just not what referees usually seem to do in that situation. One minor gripe though, the rest of it was great stuff.

I finally caught that episode Tuesday. Trent vs. Dar was so damn good. 

I find Mark to be the worst guy in Gallus, but he has definitely improved during his time teaming with Wolfgang.

Tyler Bate is so damn good. Ohno vs Bate might be one of my favorite matches of the year. It's a shame if he ever made it to the main roster, he'd be the British Shorty G.

Oh wow. I just realized Gable vs Bate is a match I want now.

• Like 1

It was better then Seven vs. Dar but not sure if it passes KLR vs. Nox  it would still be the 2nd best NXT UK TV match since Takeover Cardiff if not. 

NXT UK Takeover: Blackpool II has officially been announced for Jan 12, 2020

The clearly aren't concerned about the live streaming numbers since that will be up against the NFL Divisional playoffs

On ‎11‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 6:20 AM, Phantom Lord said:

Tyler Bate is so damn good. Ohno vs Bate might be one of my favorite matches of the year. It's a shame if he ever made it to the main roster, he'd be the British Shorty G.

Oh wow. I just realized Gable vs Bate is a match I want now.

Tyler Bate and Trent Seven are both so damn great and their match against Undisputed Era was on of my favorite NXT TV matches. I know Ohno is never going to amount to anything more then what he is now but the guy is still great and as long as he's putting on matches like this it's ok by me. I loved his cocky look when Bate was trying to German him like "Are you fucking kidding me" turn to utter shock that he was being lifted and about to be dropped on his head. I hope Tyler stays far far away from the main roster. And since you mentioned it, can we get Gable on a plane over to the UK asap???

• Like 1

Catching up on the last few episodes. 10/31 loved Kay Lee Ray's promo. 11/7 great chaotic brawl ending. 11/14 three really good matches all the way through.

Did anyone capture/archive the afternoon rehearsal and full tapings with director's audio feed that accidentally went out live via an unlisted YouTube stream over the weekend? I would be fascinated to watch this just from a "this is how the sausage is made" perspective.

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/43k9m9/wwe-hid-a-pre-show-rehearsal-to-youtube-a-glitch-exposed-it

Slowly catching up. Bate/Ohno was wonderful and easily the best thing Ohno has done in either NXTs. Dragunov/Wolfe was pretty darn good and the best either guy has looked. That was the first match to really get me into to Dragunov in NXT UK.

• Like 1

Just caught up on the last 3 episodes again. Loved Dragunov/Wolfe as well, great stuff from both. The following weeks 8 man tag was fun chaos with a logical ending. I had been waiting for Killer Kelly to get back into things so kinda sad to see her used as kind of just a throwaway since returning. Kay Lee Ray as champ is my fav, I like Isla Dawn, and great to have Toni Storm back but I think Kelly belongs in the mix too. Ligero/Banks/Conners triple threat this week was badass.

Piper Niven tweeted that she has been diagnosed with Bell's Palsy

• Sad 1

50 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Oh, shit, that really sucks.

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Will at least get her some prime television time for Vince to mock her. 😞