DVDVR Message Board

Puroresu General Discussion for 2019

Lawful Metal

Nomura pinned Miyahara again today in a six man. Dunno if this means he's winning the Cup or just getting a title shot before the tournament or if it's just AJPW randomly beating Miyahara. I feel like Nomura could credibly hold the belt now in any case. Feud with Jake Lee while the new crop of young guys develop. 

10 hours ago, Belgian_Waffle said:

Nomura pinned Miyahara again today in a six man. Dunno if this means he's winning the Cup or just getting a title shot before the tournament or if it's just AJPW randomly beating Miyahara. I feel like Nomura could credibly hold the belt now in any case. Feud with Jake Lee while the new crop of young guys develop. 

If he beats him, it better be with something better than a FU/Attitude Adjustment. Fun match regardless. Some of the elbow/forearm strike counters were lovely looking by Nomura. To the point where I wouldn’t mind if he starts jacking Misawa’s elbow based offense, and makes it his own.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

You've got to be kidding me. There is seriously a guy who wrestles in all that makeup? Do they just airbrush him before every match? How long has this idea been around? So many questions...

It's just the once to promote the movie release on DVD.

19 hours ago, OctopusCinema said:

I just watched Strong BJ vs Violent Giants from January and I’m so pumped up I want to headbutt something. Someone give me something to headbutt. I’m so pumped.

Here's a big solid cement post. Go to town.

• Like 1

I watched the Okabayashi/Nomura BJW title match from 7/21 that people have been hyping and it really is very good. Okabayashi has had a masterpiece of a match built around his arm before, a few years ago against Suzuki, and he's really great at working basically without it until the emotion of the match dictates that it's worth the risk to use it. The confidence Nomura shows throughout the match, especially in the strike exchanges, makes him super fun to cheer for. After watching a ton of the G1 (which I very much enjoyed), it was a really nice change of pace to watch a big match built more around hard hitting, emotion, and selling without the race to the finisher through a million reversals kinda style.

• Like 2

Watching Worst Behavior which was GCW first show in Japan that happened a few days ago and my god Kikutaro just shot on Joey Janela.   Wait *check notes*.  No he actually shot Joey Janela.  Luckilhy the Great Sasuke was able to revive him in order to face each other on the next show

The foreign mud shows are insane  

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, hammerva said:

Watching Worst Behavior which was GCW first show in Japan that happened a few days ago and my god Kikutaro just shot on Joey Janela.   Wait *check notes*.  No he actually shot Joey Janela.  Luckilhy the Great Sasuke was able to revive him in order to face each other on the next show

Did Sasuke run-in, and spray that cooling spray on his back?

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, hammerva said:

I didn't think anything could top the finish of that CMLL match from a few weeks back that was all over Twitter but by God this might have just done it.

So from what I gather Elgin/Sekimoto was a big success for BJW. Elgin was very over and I think that it is a safe bet that he is going to get more bookings either from BJW or other companies in Japan.

I imagine that this is going to be the final nail for NJPW/AEW partnership that never was.