DVDVR Message Board

NFL Week 5 Thread

SirFozzie

So what? His defense hasn't helped him one bit. I'm tired of this "well he wasn't PERFECT" talking point...  The guy just threw over 500 yards and gave his team 48 points. He's not playing corner.

WE WANT RESULTS AND EASY TARGETS.

So what? His defense hasn't helped him one bit. I'm tired of this "well he wasn't PERFECT" talking point...  The guy just threw over 500 yards and gave his team 48 points. He's not playing corner.

Do you honestly think if this game was 21-21 the result would have been any different? We've tried that too.

Do you honestly think if this game was 21-21 the result would have been any different?

What? Him throwing a costly pick? Sure, he's going to do that... but why are the games always close? Because for the last five years at least the defense has sucked. They've had name players who don't perform (outside of Ware and a couple others).

Redskins still have a chance at...

Oh, who am I kidding?

PREDICTION: Cowboys 33 first half points, Redskins 31 second half points. Romo throws a pick in the last 3 minutes (which won't be his fault of course, just like the other 4 times we see this every season), then RG III's knee explodes on the drive to win when he trips over the giant star at center field. ESPN declares it game of the century and discusses nothing else for two months.

Should be excellent.

Before the drive started I told my wife that I was almost 100% positive that Romo was going to throw a pick.

Luckily, she doesn't know football - so I looked like some sort of genius predicting the most obvious outcome.

Romo is the epitome of the 50/50/90 rule.  If you have 50/50 odds of him throwing an INT at the worst possible time, he'll do so 90% of the time.  It's not even because he's bad.  It's just who he is and what he does.  At this point, why hold it against him?

You are what we say you are

A Cowboy star

And like a doe is a deer

Your INT is here