DVDVR Message Board

RAW IS THE SHIELD IS PURGED - 9/3/2018

Dolfan in NYC

DID YOU GUYS HEAR?  THE PURGE IS COMING TO USA! Don't worry if you haven't because here's a reminder EVERY COMMERCIAL BREAK. Hopefully Dolph can be purged too.  

That last segment of the heels all uniting and revolting against the Shield was great.  I mean, I think it was, they literally cut between camera angles 100+ times while the cameras were held by people having epileptic seizures. 

Dolph getting purged is too much like right to ever happen. 

My notes from when I wasn't watching Better Call Saul:

- Brie hopefully had a Cesaro moment over those two topes.
- We actually got a long Ascension match in this year of our lord 2018 AD. Featuring Chad Gable, Suplex Machine~!
- I actually saw Meiko Satomura on TV just now. WTF.
- Goddamn was that AoP squash comically brutal. Them sitting the one jobber on the top rope then just lariating the shit out of him was even funnier than the one jobber bouncing at least six inches off the mat on the powerbomb. 
- Renee must be raiding Dean's wardrobe with all these leather jackets she keeps showing up in. 
- Shawn Michaels looks like his weekends switch between gigs with a Poison cover band and wearing a G-string for lonely middle-aged 40-somethings. 
- Finn putting a triangle on Strowman was nutty and not a little dumb.  
- Why did that guy just have a sign reading "Seth Rollins Is The Intercontinental Champion"? What purpose does that serve? 

Also, the Columbus PD must be mighty susceptible to bribes...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

They did a good job hyping Undertaker vs. HBK.  Crowd was on fire.  Wait the match isn't against Michaels??

Also,  Brie Bella.  Uhhh I don't think she needs to be training anyone.  Liv Morgan shoe collection grows and she might have been the best female in that match. 

Lita vs. Mickie James was announced for Evolution.  That's random.  That PPV..   I don't know.  Some weird matches being built. 

That definitely felt like a set-up for a Taker/Michaels match. I can think of literally 90 other people in the company that I would rather see Shawn have a comeback match with but we all know the drill with these returns.

The women's PPV is already so heavy-handed on nostalgia and "making moments" that my interest is practically nil.

Not that the tag division was ever going to mean anything but seeing the Revival be sent aside to heat up the new lead heels was disappointing.

The last three weeks of Raw feel like a major reboot for a company that generally stays the course. I think trying to book three major shows at once has broken them.  

If Birdie grows up to be a pro wrestler, hopefully dad does all the training.

That Alexa/Nattie match was kind of mess. Nothing looked particularly painful; from Alicia Fox lightly slapping Nattie and Alexa's arm bar. Ronda also looked very uncomfortable. She looked like she was trying really hard not to seriously hurt Alexa and Alicia.

Finally, the AoP have another mouthpiece. However, Drake should stick to suits.

So, the KO quitting angle was dropped? 

Were Shawn's lines about integrity and what not a rib on him? I have no intention of watching the Melbourne show. I could be fine going the rest of my life never seeing Shawn or Taker ever again. The only HHH I enjoy seeing is proud nxt papa.

That closing segment was brutal. Braun's going to get hurt beyond badly going from monster to needing help from Drew and fucking Dolph Ziggler. I have a feeling this may get dragged out to Survior Series and maybe get The Shield & Balor vs. Braun, McZiggler, and Corbin. 

Seems like a not very well thought through idea having Renee Young on commentary while her husband gets viciously mauled. She has to act all confused and surprised like the other commentators instead of going "WTF are you guys doing? Leave my Dean alone!!"

When AOP and Maverick first showed up in that walking backstage bit, I initially thought it was a poor Shield cosplay.

28 minutes ago, D.Z said:

Brie is pretty bad.

There’s a place for the Bellas. Especially Nikki. Just never let Brie do any dives or dive-adjacent spots again ever. 

Why does the Braun/Dolph/Drew trio give me a Camp Cornette vibe? And why do I feel inclined to refer to all three by their first name?

The Roode/Gable tag team is a good idea.

Putting Spud on TV is an even better idea.

Alexa is so good. She’s done that “pretend to be a face then turn hard” promo a few times, but I’m always open to it being genuine. Aces.

Shawn Michaels is so much better than I’ll ever give him credit for.

• Like 3

The Bellas' return match was ok though Brie was pretty bad. She should never try a suicide dive again. I mean those were amazingly shitty considering she has done a decent one before.

I like BnHC vs. Dana/Ember while it lasted.

Kind of annoyed Revival didn't get to end B-team's reign. I would rather see them or AOP vs. the Shield over Dolph/Drew.

AOP with Drake feels odd.

The ending angle was neat. It sets up the Shield attempting to murder half the roster rather well.

9 minutes ago, Hagan said:

That definitely felt like a set-up for a Taker/Michaels match. I can think of literally 90 other people in the company that I would rather see Shawn have a comeback match with but we all know the drill with these returns.

I came out of that wanting an HBK return.

I dread the knowledge it’d be against Taker rather than some of the other opponents he’s been offered. #HBKvsAmericanDragon 

7 minutes ago, Eivion said:

The Bellas' return match was ok though Brie was pretty bad. She should never try a suicide dive again. I mean those were amazingly shitty considering she has done a decent one before.

Yea Brie has actually done them before but these were just terrible. Other than that, I didn’t think they looked that bad, especially Nikki. 

Alexa ending the match using Ronda’s submission probably sounded great on paper but the execution was not so much. Let’s get this rematch over with and see what’s next for Ronda. 

I have zero faith that this Dana Brooke thing is leading anywhere. 

Shawn/Taker was the best. Easy highlight of the show for me. I love the treatment of Taker/HHH as the biggest match ever and I'm down for any possible Shawn return.

Felt like they were really emphasizing "AOP" over and over again without ever saying Authors of Pain. Putting Maverick with them was really weird and random, but even moreso was him having his own AOP gear..  came off like they realized they desperately needed a mouthpiece and threw the first available guy in.

• Like 2

When did WWE just start announcing matches on social media instead of you know building towards them?   They announced Ronda vs. Nia Jax sorta; I guess you can count their "encounter" at the gala. But it was done in a weird way.  Alexa Bliss and Trish Stratus was announced out of nowhere with no backstory.  Triple H vs. Undertaker was announced out of nowhere.  Lita vs. Mickie James and to my knowledge it's not a rekindling of any real rivalry. I don't remember them having a storied history.  All of this sucks.