DVDVR Message Board

WWE EVOLUTION (All Women's PPV) - 10/28/2018

RIPPA

1 hour ago, Overly Critical Man said:

There needs to be a heel that shits all over the show and wonder why there isn't a swimsuit contest or a mud wrestling match in between all the piss breaks he'll be taking. 

Jerry Lawler

6 hours ago, Yo-Yo's Roomie said:

Niners, since no-one has really backed you up here, I'll say that everything you said is pretty much spot on regarding Vince's preferences for his female stars. The point I was going to make you actually ended up saying your self, that being does anyone really think Vince doesn't prefer his stars to be big, muscular dudes just because we've seen guys like Shawn and Bryan pushed over the years? Because I can't imagine anyone being that willfully ignorant. But then again, mentioning how long Moolah was champion....

Yeah, not everyone pushed as a star has been blonde. That's not the point or the argument. There are outliers like AJ or Lita or Nikki, who were all pushed strong for various reasons. But that doesn't mean that Vince doesn't have a preference.

Thanks man, I didnt want that debate to go on and on, I thought Vince having his preferences was obvious but I'm open to other viewpoints. 

The main thing I want is simply good matches.. and I hope we get some from this being the first PPV.

7 hours ago, RIShane said:

I'd replace one of your Sasha matches with Alexa/Bayley at Payback. Sure the kendo stick match at Extreme Rules sucked, but Payback was pretty good, and also the last real display of Bayley's NXT-era carrying abilities.

I do recall enjoying that more than any other main roster Bayley match, so Alexa has definitely had some good, a few in my opinion great, matches.

4 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Thanks man, I didnt want that debate to go on and on, I thought Vince having his preferences was obvious but I'm open to other viewpoints. 

The main thing I want is simply good matches.. and I hope we get some from this being the first PPV.

It's clear Vince has preferences when it comes to presenting what he finds physically attractive, but the biggest preference of all is to make money and more money. That goes beyond Vince liking big boobs and blonde hair.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Burgundy LaRue said:

It's clear Vince has preferences when it comes to presenting what he finds physically attractive, but the biggest preference of all is to make money and more money. That goes beyond Vince liking big boobs and blonde hair.

I don't know if I agree...  and this goes for the men too.  I think there is plenty of evidence of Vince pushing what he wants instead of what the crowd wants.  You said yourself that he missed the boat on Naomi and I agree with that.  I think he missed big time on Sasha and missed on Bayley when she came up also.  

I mean just recently they were still refusing to push Rusev despite the chants and his shirts selling like hot cakes. 

7 hours ago, Overly Critical Man said:

There needs to be a heel that shits all over the show and wonder why there isn't a swimsuit contest or a mud wrestling match in between all the piss breaks he'll be taking. 

Never mind

5 hours ago, DreamBroken said:

I do recall enjoying that more than any other main roster Bayley match, so Alexa has definitely had some good, a few in my opinion great, matches.

Bayley's other best main-roster matches are probably her Raw main event (2/13/17) and Royal Rumble matches with Charlotte.

On 7/24/2018 at 11:39 PM, Eivion said:

Huh? Carmella gets fairly little heat. She has never really managed to keep any momentum. Its why Ellsworth is back, and even that isn't working. Having her hold the belt until this show would be ridiculous.

Part of Carmella's problem is that the role of "below average wrestler holding Women's title that they only won by cashing in MITB when the champion was weak, and will hold onto the title through weaselly cheating" is also being done on the other brand by a performer who, for all her faults, is better than Carmella at everything.

• Like 2

That would mean breaking up the Riott Squad. As weird of a trio as it is character wise, I like them together. I feel like Liv Morgan has improved being with Ruby Riott and Sarah Logan, while Carmella hasn't gotten any better. I don't even know who you could stick Carmella with as a valet with Enzo & Cass being gone. Mojo Rawley, maybe? That's a pairing I could easily ignore. 

Carmella was great with the New Day.  I could see her doing something with them or maybe Breezango;  she could be a fashion icon.  Alexa,  I think is more of a wrestler out of the two, she's fine as a chickenshit heel if they book her that way I just would rather see something else for this particular PPV.   

8 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Carmella was great with the New Day.  I could see her doing something with them or maybe Breezango;  she could be a fashion icon.  Alexa,  I think is more of a wrestler out of the two, she's fine as a chickenshit heel if they book her that way I just would rather see something else for this particular PPV.   

The idea of Carmella with Tyler Breeze had crossed my mind with Fandango being out. 

• Like 1

Thing about Vince is, a lot of people who know him say he loves great wrestling. I think he honestly believes that larger than life superhero looking jacked men and large chested blondes are the best way to draw money.

I remember seeing Vince on some old show being interviewed by Tod Grisham (was it Confidential, or was that something else), and he said his personal favourites to watch were Benoit and Finlay, and guys of that ilk. So I think that does hold true.

What's weird is that Alexa and Carmella both have athletic backgrounds. Alexa did competitive cheer at the college level (which isn't easy) and Carmella was a Laker girl. These aren't the Divas of the mid-2000's who were picked out of bikini modeling picture submissions. Alexa was rushed to the main roster. I also wonder if in the back of her mind she's trying to avoid the health problems that ended up retiring AJ Lee. She's tiny, and her bump card is probably smaller than a lot of people's. I'm not sure what Carmella's deal is. They avoided bringing her up with Enzo & Cass because they saw something in her as a solo act, and I'm still not sure what that was...

3 hours ago, Yo-Yo's Roomie said:

I remember seeing Vince on some old show being interviewed by Tod Grisham (was it Confidential, or was that something else), and he said his personal favourites to watch were Benoit and Finlay, and guys of that ilk. So I think that does hold true.

I think Vince is definitely a wrestling fan. I also think he's spent his life escalating the gaga of wrestling to such a degree that me can't see the forest for the trees anymore. It's like it's his fix: regular wrestling just doesn't do it for him anymore, man.

32 minutes ago, just drew said:

They avoided bringing her up with Enzo & Cass because they saw something in her as a solo act, and I'm still not sure what that was...

Still a baffling move. She was just barely avoiding boos being teamed with them by the end of their NXT run and even that was a Herculean task for two guys who were already way, way over. Then they call her up without any momentum and ditch her on SDL to go solo. I remember someone on the DVDVR twitter noting how silent the crowd got every time Mella arrived. And now she's champ, which is a testament to... something.

• Like 1

It’s really not very fair that this pay per view is all women. If they really wanted it to be fair, the wwe should go fund 8 of the prettiest, most uncoordinated swimsuit models they can find and throw them in the ring after a 30 minute barn burner and before the other 30 minute barn burner in like a “tightie whitie” pillow fight....

On 7/28/2018 at 8:10 AM, just drew said:

They avoided bringing her up with Enzo & Cass because they saw something in her as a solo act, and I'm still not sure what that was...

I thought the conventional wisdom is she wasn't called up with Enzo and Cass so that her career wouldn't be dragged down by her association with two goofs who Triple H had decided were demonstrable morons who were riding the fastlane to Fuckupville. 

• Like 1