DVDVR Message Board

JUNE 2018 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

18 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

That sounds absolutely terrible; not even entertaining in a terrible way like a Nazi frozen in time, now in modern society with a Jewish manager. 

...or Shiek Tugboat

That makes Shiek Tugboat look like a great idea. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Enzo was on Austin's podcast and said the original plan for Raw 25 was:   

The poker segment was going to lead to him betting the CW Title and losing it to the Million Dollar Man.   He was then supposed to wrestle Goldust without the strap.   Later on Nia Jax was supposed to join the poker game and win the CW back from DiBiase.  

Everything was blown up and canceled around 5pm when he was sent home by Vince after the sexual assault tweets came out.  

So... mixed blessings?  

Poor Austin is really scrapping the bottom of the barrel for guests. To be fair though, every podcast, weather it be just audio or video with Austin I've listened to has been awful. He just says "yeah" and "uh huh" and "yeah yeah yeah" to everyone.

19 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

That sounds absolutely terrible; not even entertaining in a terrible way like a Nazi frozen in time, now in modern society with a Jewish manager. 

...or Shiek Tugboat

Yeah, what? I read that multiple times and I still don't understand that plot line at all.

As bad as the idea sounds, I find myself wondering (Why?) if Enzo was just betting the physical belt or the championship. 

Nia Jax becoming cruiserweight champion in a poker game definitely sounds like something this company would do,

Just sounds like he was thinking out loud. I'm curious what a heel Hogan would have done to wrestling. 

Assuming it was still title vs title, Hogan gives up the Intercontinental belt and puts it up in a tourney. Does Perfect still win it? How does this impact Earthquake, Rude, Savage and Slaughter?

34 minutes ago, mattdangerously said:

Does Hulk not know Warrior is dead?  Did he get him and Bam Margera mixed up? 

Cocaine's a helluva drug.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, mattdangerously said:

Does Hulk not know Warrior is dead?  Did he get him and Bam Margera mixed up? 

He probably believed the rumor about Warrior dying and being replaced and thinks Warrior #1 died.  Errr.... died.  Again.

Warrior #2 is alive and kicking in Hulk's mind. 

Don't do drugs, kids.

Ryan Satin recapped a lot of the Enzo on Austin podcast (here is a tweet that starts the thread)

The big one making the rounds which should set your minds at ease about Triple H being in charge

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Ryan Satin recapped a lot of the Enzo on Austin podcast (here is a tweet that starts the thread)

The big one making the rounds which should set your minds at ease about Triple H being in charge

1. Enzo has friends? C'mon, tell us another one.

2. Further proof that Trips has grown into being a very wise man.

• Like 4

If nothing else, there's probably no one in wrestling more qualified to decide who's got the right mindset to succeed in WWE than Hunter. It probably doesn't take him long to read someone at the PC and know if they have their head on straight. 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Player One said:

He probably believed the rumor about Warrior dying and being replaced and thinks Warrior #1 died.  Errr.... died.  Again.

Warrior #2 is alive and kicking in Hulk's mind. 

Don't do drugs, kids.

Well if Renegade is Warrior #2....

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Victator said:

Just sounds like he was thinking out loud. I'm curious what a heel Hogan would have done to wrestling. 

After his use of the N-bomb getting out, Hogan should probably never think out loud...ever.

1 hour ago, Wyld Samurai said:

Well if Renegade is Warrior #2....

Hogan believed the story of Kerry Von Erich being Warrior #2, so that would make Renegade Warrior #3. The Warrior that WCW brought in for Hogan to get his win back was Warrior #4. You see, the Warrior family is like the Villano's in Mexico. Presumably, Warrior #4 took the space ship back to Parts Unknown, but nobody really knows.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Player One said:

As bad as the idea sounds, I find myself wondering (Why?) if Enzo was just betting the physical belt or the championship. 

It's been about thirty years since the Andre/Dibiase ruling established you can't just hand over a championship. So presumably you can't bet one in a poker game either.

38 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Hogan believed the story of Kerry Von Erich being Warrior #2, so that would make Renegade Warrior #3. The Warrior that WCW brought in for Hogan to get his win back was Warrior #4. You see, the Warrior family is like the Villano's in Mexico. Presumably, Warrior #4 took the space ship back to Parts Unknown, but nobody really knows.

I think every person rumored to be Warrior is dead except Steve Disalvo which is really weird to me

1 hour ago, tbarrie said:

It's been about thirty years since the Andre/Dibiase ruling established you can't just hand over a championship. So presumably you can't bet one in a poker game either.

I could've sworn this rule had been broken at some stage, so I looked it up. Bulldog gave the Hardcore Title to Al Snow back in 99.