DVDVR Message Board

2018 NFL OFFSEASON THREAD

RIPPA

It is funny how nobody seems to remember how awful McDaniels was as a head coach of the Broncos.   If I remember people skills wasn't his best feature at the time.   Granted they didn't have best talent around that time but he was definitely added to the list of great Pats coordinators turned awful head coaches

The idea is he might theoretically be like Belichick and be much better a second time around.

Although the Hoodie did better in Cleveland than he generally gets credit for, he certainly wasn't a rousing success and the media hated him etc etc.

Shrug

2 hours ago, hammerva said:

It is funny how nobody seems to remember how awful McDaniels was as a head coach of the Broncos.   If I remember people skills wasn't his best feature at the time.   Granted they didn't have best talent around that time but he was definitely added to the list of great Pats coordinators turned awful head coaches

And the reason that they didn't have the talent is because he was picking the players.

I'm betting that the reason that weasel is staying in New England is because he's been promised the keys to the castle when the hoodie retires.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

I love this rumor: allegedly, Bob Kraft went out of his way to keep McDaniels specifically to fuck over Irsay because he's still pissed about Ballghazi.

The Colts must be feeling... deflated.  (I'm sorry)

As hilarious as that would be it could just straight up be cold feet.  I've had it in my own personal life where I've accepted a job in princple, but was unhappy with what came through on the paperwork and walked away from it.  Admittedly, they weren't streaming me arriving in the office on every social media platform in existence.

However, it also wouldn't surprise me if he's been promised a crack as New England's HC if/when BB retires/moves upstairs/gets fired by either Kraft or by an annointing by BB.  An offer like that would be enough to make me reconsider trying to hold Andrew Luck's body together with PVA glue.

While watching the Super Bowl I thought BB was looking a bit worn out and wondered if his retirement may be coming soon (now-2 seasons from now) but then thought "probably not or else Patricia or McDaniels would stay to get the job" but maybe I was right. He;s going down in history as the best coach ever so I don't blame him for bowing out whenever he does he's rode high and I doubt we see another 8 time super bowl coach again.

On 2/6/2018 at 9:12 PM, hammerva said:

To me, the record-setting time he recorded alienating players, management, fans, and media far outweighs his success as an offensive coordinator.  I don't want to say that you can't teach people skills, but a NFL head coaching job isn't a place you're likely to get a lot of practice time.  You either have it (people skills, ability to motivate) in your skill set or you don't.