DVDVR Message Board

[MOVIE] 2018 UPCOMING MOVIE THREAD

RIPPA

4 minutes ago, Matt D said:

I thought he was in it. I didn't see him in the trailer. I couldn't be bothered to confirm.

He was in the trailer (for a half second) as clearly bad army guy

Of course I liked my unintentional "Can't See Cena" quasi-meme

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

So Bumblebee looks like a prequell, which is fine, because it means the last 5 movies didn't happen yet.

I'm in on both Lego 2 and Mortal Engines.

Bumblebee is officially a prequel

Official description

On the run in the year 1987, Bumblebee finds refuge in a junkyard in a small Californian beach town. Charlie (Steinfeld), on the cusp of turning 18 and trying to find her place in the world, discovers Bumblebee, battle-scarred and broken. When Charlie revives him, she quickly learns this is no ordinary, yellow VW bug.

19 hours ago, El Dragon said:

That is the best looking Transformers movie ever,.

That's a low bar to hurdle.

Mortal Engines is as close as I'll get to a Dishonored movie, so I'm in.

File this one into movies I will never be able to watch because I'm going to focus on one thing that makes it impossible to pay attention to rest of the movie:

Apparently Jeremy Renner broke both his arms 3 days into filming Tag and almost all of his "arms" in the movie are CGI.  

I've already rewatched the trailer way too many times.  

2 hours ago, CSC said:

File this one into movies I will never be able to watch because I'm going to focus on one thing that makes it impossible to pay attention to rest of the movie:

Apparently Jeremy Renner broke both his arms 3 days into filming Tag and almost all of his "arms" in the movie are CGI.  

I've already rewatched the trailer way too many times.  

Looks like a pretty shitty movie anyway. . . .

40 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

The Girl in the Spider's Web

I really should read this book but I am sure it will irritate me

I have read it.  It will irritate you because it irritated me.

Stieg Larsson's long time domestic partner, Eva Gabrielsson, supposedly has possession of an unfinished fourth Millennium novel but IIRC Steig's family and estate own the publishing rights so she can't legally do anything with the manuscript..

Meanwhile, new books have been published which will probably render any storyline in the uncompleted work obsolete.

1 hour ago, Craig H said:

Hoo boy, Michael Bay is directing the Thundercats movie. Shit show guaranteed!

Considering how Transformers went from looking like "actual vehicles who transformed into robots" to "sentient junkyards fucked and had an uglier sentient junkyard baby," I'm really curious how he'll change the Thundercats' look.

8 minutes ago, Technico Support said:

Considering how Transformers went from looking like "actual vehicles who transformed into robots" to "sentient junkyards fucked and had an uglier sentient junkyard baby," I'm really curious how he'll change the Thundercats' look.

I think all we need to do is look at how horrific the new Ninja Turtles look to get an idea of how the Thundercats will probably look.

Oh Jesus...I can't imagine what Michael Bay's take on Panthro is going to be...

2 minutes ago, Craig H said:

I think all we need to do is look at how horrific the new Ninja Turtles look to get an idea of how the Thundercats will probably look.

Oh Jesus...I can't imagine what Michael Bay's take on Panthro is going to be...

Thousands of furries who thank Cheetara for their sexual awakening are gearing up to protest.

5 minutes ago, Technico Support said:

Thousands of furries who thank Cheetara for their sexual awakening are gearing up to protest.

Well there's a mental image that's going to need some mind bleach today...

And as much as I hate the Transformers movies, I do have to give Bay credit for remembering the Law of Conservation of Mass when creating his Autobot and Deceptcon concepts. 

Giant robots turn into giant things and tiny robots turn into tiny things.  

I love Megatron, but he sheds a trillion percent of his mass transforming from a giant robot into an overaccessorized handgun, but at least the specs on the back of the box that the toy comes in gives an acceptable super science explanation as to why he's able to do that.

3 hours ago, RIPPA said:

The Girl in the Spider's Web

I really should read this book but I am sure it will irritate me

Even with the makeover, I can't look at her and not see the Queen of England.

• Like 3