DVDVR Message Board

2017 NFL: WEEK ONE

Dolfan in NYC

11 minutes ago, CSC said:

Cause winning the Super Bowl isn't enough to stop bitching about a justified suspension.  

Not a Pats fan, but again I will point out that there really was nothing 'justified' about Deflategate, considering that the deflation in the balls can be attributed to (a) the Ideal Gas Law and (b) the fact that the ref had two different gauges and IIRC couldn't remember exactly which gauge he used at which time.  Not to mention that the company that the NFL used to come up with the report was a bit shady in the first place.

40 minutes ago, dogwelder said:

Not a Pats fan, but again I will point out that there really was nothing 'justified' about Deflategate, considering that the deflation in the balls can be attributed to (a) the Ideal Gas Law and (b) the fact that the ref had two different gauges and IIRC couldn't remember exactly which gauge he used at which time.  Not to mention that the company that the NFL used to come up with the report was a bit shady in the first place.

Not to mention that it's specifically in the rules that the punishment for underinflating balls is a fine for the team.

Because Mike Brown is the worst owner in all of football we just gave Vontez Burfeict (sp?) a huge 3 year $38 Million extension. It's not like he almost singlehandedly cost us a playoff game and earns lengthy suspensions like every other game he plays or anything. Morons.

3 hours ago, sabremike said:

Not to mention that it's specifically in the rules that the punishment for underinflating balls is a fine for the team.

And that two other teams were FILMED altering the footballs right on the sidelines. Their punishment? A letter. 

One day people will get over it. One day.

I did get a bit of joy at seeing Gilmore get burned. I still like him, he was a solid player for the Bills but he did have a habit of being out of place. He wasn't worth what the Pats paid for him. He's a good starting CB and in general won't be an issue, he just has mental lapses from time to time.

At least we get an early end to the "WILL NEW ENGLAND GO 19-0" shit this year.

KC is a tricky team so I'm not shocked, and they overcame the referees constantly throwing flags at them which is always a plus. Amendola may be out for while, hopefully teams will stop trading New English WRs now.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Kevin Wilson said:

One day people will get over it. One day.

I did get a bit of joy at seeing Gilmore get burned. I still like him, he was a solid player for the Bills but he did have a habit of being out of place. He wasn't worth what the Pats paid for him. He's a good starting CB and in general won't be an issue, he just has mental lapses from time to time.

Heh, funny thing is that wasn't even his fault. Still was pretty funny watching him get burned, though.

30 minutes ago, APO said:

Heh, funny thing is that wasn't even his fault. Still was pretty funny watching him get burned, though.

Without knowing the play called (unless they talked about it after the game), there wasn't really a way to know who was supposed to cover what. Unless it was a zone though he should have stayed with him since the safety covered the slant. Gilmore ended up covering no one which usually isn't ideal. I mean what was Gilmore doing if he wasn't supposed to cover Hill.

And I know it has been talked about but it gets pretty old that New England WRs are trained to ask for flags on Every. Single. Incomplete Pass. It should be a 5 yard penalty for a player to signal for a flag to be thrown, since the referees shouldn't be throwing flags unless they saw the penalty themselves anyway.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, S.K.o.S. said:

Late, but:

- It's the first time ever that the Belichick-coached Patriots were leading after 3 quarters and lost the game

This isn't true.

They lost to the Bills in 2011 (They were leading 24-17 going into the 4th). That was in Buffalo. (And I am pretty sure there are others).

I have seen some stories claim it was Brady was playing but he played in the aforementioned Buffalo game.

It might be HOME 4th Quarter leads.

9 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

It might be HOME 4th Quarter leads.

That would make sense.  What I heard was it was the first time it happened after 105 previous times where they led after 3 quarters and won.  Looking it up, Belichick has 201 wins with the Patriots, and I doubt that nearly half of those were 4th quarter comebacks.