DVDVR Message Board

2017 NFL: WEEK ONE

Dolfan in NYC

David Johnson's 2017 campaign also looks very questionable at this point.

I also owned Allen Robinson in one of my leagues. I owned him last year as well. Him being out for all of 2017 isn't going to be that much different than his output from 2016.

50 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

It must be frustrating to be a Bengals fan right about now.  Dalton is good enough to where they need to keep him but shitty enough to where they'll never win anything. 

What the fuck are we going to do in 3-5 years when Brees, Brady, and Rodgers are all gone?  I don't know if there are 10 legitimately good NFL quarterbacks on the planet but the league has decided that passing is the only way to win.  It is absurd that a league with a huge dearth of talent at one position has decided to put all of their eggs in the basket of that position.  NFL quarterback play is atrocious and I think it's going to get worse before it gets better. 

33 minutes ago, supremebve said:

What the fuck are we going to do in 3-5 years when Brees, Brady, and Rodgers are all gone?  I don't know if there are 10 legitimately good NFL quarterbacks on the planet but the league has decided that passing is the only way to win.  It is absurd that a league with a huge dearth of talent at one position has decided to put all of their eggs in the basket of that position.  NFL quarterback play is atrocious and I think it's going to get worse before it gets better. 

For what it's worth, it's one game against a good defense. Andy Dalton isn't an elite level QB, but he's good enough. I doubt he puts together a string of poor games together. Especially when he's surrounded by the number of weapons he has.

As for what we're going to do in 3-5 years when Brees, Brady, and Rodgers are gone - you're pretending like Dak, Carr, and other QBs at a similar level don't exist or that none will ever come along. There's a shit load of colleges and you're always going to get quality QBs coming out of there. They won't all be hits, but get some of them in the right system and they'll be fine.

• RIPPA locked and unpinned this topic