DVDVR Message Board

JULY 2017 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

4 minutes ago, Craig H said:

Honestly, we've already talked about it, but Enzo is a prime candidate to go back to NXT.

Beyond him, I'm sure there's others who would do well for a return trip to NXT.

There are like a billion choices which is kinda sad

Chad Gable, Emma, Dana Brooke, Tye Dillinger, Apollo Crews, Aiden English, Bo Dallas, Kalisto (or even the Lucha Dragons as a whole)

EDIT - I really like the idea of Gable and English going back to work on the singles characters since while some might consider it a demotion - they would be doing "fresh" characters as opposed to what they were doing when they left NXT

On a more shallow note: Back in the Kurt-vs-AJ-for-Karen feud days, I thought Karen was superhot. 

I haven't seen her for years. I read that she's been active on the new GWF Impact show, and I looked forward to seeing her again. I checked out last week's program. First, I didn't remotely recognize her on the vignette about the wrestlers visiting the camp for sick kids; the whole time I was trying to figure out who's this maybe mildly pretty at best talking head with the annoying voice. Then when she comes walking out to face whatshernametheknockoutschamp, my mind was blown. 

I know it's been 10 years. But still. If you'd told me this person was a different woman entirely, I might believe you. 

1 hour ago, Go2Sleep said:

How big is the meltdown going to be when it's Sami or Nak?

I could see it working for 205 Live people as a transition to "heavyweight," though. You left too soon, Aries!

At this point? The opposite of one, since they were booked better there.

56 minutes ago, Kronos said:

Wow - what the heck was his deal? Are they feuding IRL, or something?

I'm guessing it's a joke.  That or he has an irrational hatred of singing Happy Birthday.  Either way I wouldn't take it seriously.

• Like 1

As to whether this is a joke or not, I think we can effectively put this one to bed:

And going back to PWI, most of their stuff was fake but they did have real interviews.  You could tell by the increased amount of pages for it, plus the wrestler sounded like a human being.  Those were always worth a great read, last ones I read had Seth and Omega doing them and it was actually them.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Playa Shunna Ver 3.0 said:

It still freaks me out that fucking Prince Albert his the head trainer for WWE developmental.  

I have always believed that the best coaches and managers in other sports are the skilled but mid-level guys. They know what it takes to make it more maybe than the guys for whom it came a bit more naturally. 

Maybe it's the same in rasslin. Albert or Dean Malenko or Fit Finlay can teach better than The Rock or Flair can?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Except Fit Finley is a better wrestler than Flair or Rock

Of course he is. So is Dean. But I am talking about superstars vs not stars. I am sure Flair worked hard, especially in the early days. But I'll bet Malenko and Finlay worked harder. 

My sports analogy may not be quite the same here, given the nature of the business.  

We've seen all kinds of 2nd string QBs and career .250 hitters become good coaches and managers, whereas people like Jordan or Frank Robinson were not as successful at it. 

3 minutes ago, Michael Sweetser said:

It's kinda like the theory that the best baseball managers were also the run-of-the-mill players - they rode the pine more, but they got more time to study the game.

The general train of thought is the super elite athletes (Michael Jordan, Magic Johnson, etc...) make terrible coaches because they can't understand why average Joes can't do the things that came naturally to them 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

The general train of thought is the super elite athletes (Michael Jordan, Magic Johnson, etc...) make terrible coaches because they can't understand why average Joes can't do the things that came naturally to them 

That's what I was going for, yes. 

3 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

"Goddammit guys just concentrate until you activate your gazelle genes. It's not difficult! Now, Teddy, you do that thing we all do where can easily lift an amount of weight relative to our body weight like an ant can and, Todd, you call on the reflex of the eagle.  GODDAMMIT TODD!!!!!"

• Like 4