DVDVR Message Board

Marvel Cinematic Universe - 2019 and Beyond

I mean...  they already got the Black Widow movie last year, when it was called Atomic Blonde.   But anyway... as said in the other thread, the Disney/Fox merger is now complete. 

If Endgame's post-credits scene is not Wade casually grabbing Mjolnir and tossing it in a river, I will give the entire movie zero stars. 

23 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

If Endgame's post-credits scene is not Wade casually grabbing Mjolnir and tossing it in a river, I will give the entire movie zero stars. 

giphy.gif

• Like 1

I personally have little interest in a Black Widow movie, but I'm willing to change my mind if the movie looks compelling enough. I like Black Widow more when she's part of a team. It's a similar thing with Thor. Part of the reason I loved Ragnarok, other than it being awesome, is it gave Thor cool people to play off of, like Valkyrie, Korg, and Hulk. That's a hell of a miniteam. Thor just being Thor in Thor 1 and 2 is kinda boring.

Would anyone really be clamoring for a Hawkeye movie? I wouldn't be for the same reason. He works better being part of a team.

At the very least, I could see a Black Widow solo movie working better than a Hawkeye solo movie.

• Like 1

Oh, and now that the merger is complete, what I want the most from the Fox properties is pretty fucking simple...:

• Continue Deadpool
  • An AWESOME Fantastic Four movie (no Franklin Richards please)
  • Doom, NOT ANNIHILUS, as the new big bad
  • Galactus. Just a weird looking being that's as big as a Celestial. NOT A CLOUD. Basically, and I forget the name of the comic even though I own it, but the artwork was by Alex Ross and it was what it looked like on Earth from a ground level when Galactus was trying to eat the planet and shit was compared to Revelations. I might not be remembering all of this correctly, but that all sticks out pretty well. Anyway, I want scenes like that.
  • A Hickman style crossover event. I don't care much for the X-Men at this point and would be happy if it was just Avengers, friends of the Avengers, and the Fantastic Four all involved in a big crossover event.

Okay, okay, maybe it's not that simple. It's still my wish list. At the very least, I want Doom done right, I want him as the new big bad, and I want the Fantastic Four done right.

Like, if the final final end credits scene in Endgame is this long shot through streets of a rebuilding Sakovia and through castle doors, down hallways, into a throne room and finally stopping at boots panning up to Doom sitting there in the familiar green and chrome saying something like, "Now is the time for Doom to triumph over all," then my brain would probably explode.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Craig H said:
  •  Galactus. Just a weird looking being that's as big as a Celestial. NOT A CLOUD. Basically, and I forget the name of the comic even though I own it, but the artwork was by Alex Ross and it was what it looked like on Earth from a ground level when Galactus was trying to eat the planet and shit was compared to Revelations. I might not be remembering all of this correctly, but that all sticks out pretty well. Anyway, I want scenes like that.

That was Marvels, which kicks ass.

8 minutes ago, Zimbra said:

That was Marvels, which kicks ass.

THANK YOU. Jeez, I'm racking my brain to think of what it was and all I could think of was Earth X, which I knew wasn't it. Yes, Marvels. That would be it.

I own it too, but I'm terrible at remembering things.

What I want most from this merger is for 20th Century Mouse to not fire the 7500 people they're planning to let go.

We've had TWO Widow movies in the past couple years - ATOMIC BLONDE was already mentioned, but RED SPARROW was literally Black Widow's origin story from the comics, with J.Law bringing down the entire movie with a terrible performance.

• Like 2

Atomic Blonde was very underwhelming and too twisty and cute. I was expecting more of what the trailer showed, which was something like John Wick and the actual movie was not like that at all.

Can't speak about Red Sparrow, but the trailers did make it look like it was about Black Widow.

30 minutes ago, Craig H said:

Atomic Blonde was very underwhelming and too twisty and cute. I was expecting more of what the trailer showed, which was something like John Wick and the actual movie was not like that at all.

Can't speak about Red Sparrow, but the trailers did make it look like it was about Black Widow.

My biggest problem with Atomic Blonde was how quickly the twist ending was telegraphed. (Especially if you had seen No Way Out)

3 hours ago, Craig H said:

Like, if the final final end credits scene in Endgame is this long shot through streets of a rebuilding Sakovia and through castle doors, down hallways, into a throne room and finally stopping at boots panning up to Doom sitting there in the familiar green and chrome saying something like, "Now is the time for Doom to triumph over all," then my brain would probably explode.

Doctor Doom was from Latveria, not Sokovia. And nobody from Latvia complained at the time, so it's too late now.

Anyone got a dream casting for Doctor Doom? Assuming he's not CGI, obviously. Nobody who's already been in the MCU. Which is a shame because Hugo Weaving might have been alright.

3 hours ago, Craig H said:

Doom, NOT ANNIHILUS, as the new big bad

I want Annihilus for the cosmic side. Give us Annihilation.

25 minutes ago, AxB said:

Which is a shame because Hugo Weaving might have been alright. 

Its weird, but I wanted Weaving as Mephisto. He would be a good Doom. So would have Ben Mendelsohn for that matter. Why have they

Edited by Eivion
  • Like 2

28 minutes ago, AxB said:

Doctor Doom was from Latveria, not Sokovia. And nobody from Latvia complained at the time, so it's too late now.

Anyone got a dream casting for Doctor Doom? Assuming he's not CGI, obviously. Nobody who's already been in the MCU. Which is a shame because Hugo Weaving might have been alright.

I know where Doom is from, but in the MCU, I could see them easily using Sokovia instead of Latveria.

7 minutes ago, Eivion said:

I want Annihilus for the cosmic side. Give us Annihilation.

Its weird, but I wanted Weaving as Mephisto. He would be a good Doom. So would have Ben Mendelsohn for that matter. Why have they

Ok. I'm sold on Annihilus for mad cosmic antics. It's either him or the Beyonders if they go full Hickman. 

Edited by Craig H

35 minutes ago, AxB said:

The first name I thought of Christoph Waltz, but likely too funny and/or small. 

Too old for Fiennes?

ben whishaw? 

Edited by odessasteps