DVDVR Message Board

Random TV Thoughts

EVA

I figure if we didn't get wrestling on network tv during its two hottest boom periods on a weekly basis then we will most likely never get it. Hell Impact is the highest rated show on Spike TV and the numbers the WWE draws are impressive but yeah like others have said advertisers would never pay any real money for wrestling since the feeling of you know us wrasslin fans are idiots and poor and what not. I was always shocked Fox didn't put wrestling on but I guess with really the WWE for all but a few years being under the NBC umbrellas and WCW always being under Turner there was never really an option to put it on. 

I stopped recording Revolution on my DVR.  I watched every episode last season but I just couldn't get myself to get through a whole episode this season anymore,  For whatever reason during the time of the summer to when the new season started I lost interest in the show.  It could be that this was a really good concept for 1 season of a show but not much of anywhere to go with the show afterwards.

I figure if we didn't get wrestling on network tv during its two hottest boom periods on a weekly basis then we will most likely never get it. Hell Impact is the highest rated show on Spike TV and the numbers the WWE draws are impressive but yeah like others have said advertisers would never pay any real money for wrestling since the feeling of you know us wrasslin fans are idiots and poor and what not. I was always shocked Fox didn't put wrestling on but I guess with really the WWE for all but a few years being under the NBC umbrellas and WCW always being under Turner there was never really an option to put it on. 

Fox were apparently in talks for SmackDown in 1999.

Blacklist is terribly enjoyable. We have a pretty good TV watching routine this season.

Blacklist/Homeland/Once x2/Revenge/Castle/The Middle/Back in the Game/How I Met Your Mother.

The wife watches Criminal Minds/NCIS and Bones. Ah, and White Collar as that starts tonight, and she has to catch up on the entire season of Covert Affairs apparently. I have a shit ton of lucha to get to. We had been watching Hell on Wheels til that ended too.

We're thinking of adding in Sleepy Hollow. 

Fallking Skies is in that Revolution, Walking Dead category where I want it to be good so bad that I watch it in hopes that they will just bring it together one day. I think all this alien technology at the start of season 3 is extremely far fetched and kind of distracts away from everything. I don't like the large jump from when we last saw them until now. I'll keep watching though because I'm that needy for something sci fi to watch. 

Fox Broadcasting Company (FOX) has given a 13-episode series order to HIEROGLYPH, a fantastical action-adventure show produced by 20th Century Fox Television and Chernin Entertainment, and executive-produced by Peter Chernin (New Girl, “Rise of the Planet of the Apes”), Katherine Pope (New Girl) and Travis Beacham (“Pacific Rim,” “Clash of the Titans”), who wrote the pilot script. Miguel Sapochnik (“Repo Men,” “Fringe”) will serve as an executive producer on the project and will direct the premiere episode. Production is scheduled to begin in early 2014.

Set in ancient Egypt, where fantasy and reality intertwined, HIEROGLYPH follows a notorious thief who is plucked from prison to serve the Pharoah, navigating palace intrigue, seductive concubines, criminal underbellies and even a few divine sorcerers.

“We wanted to do a show about deceit, sex, intrigue in the court and fantastical goings-on – no better place to set that than ancient Egypt,” said Kevin Reilly, Chairman of Entertainment for FOX. “Travis Beacham has an inventive mind, and he has wrapped this all together in this intoxicating new drama.”

Well...it's different, I guess.

Blacklist is terribly enjoyable. We have a pretty good TV watching routine this season.

Blacklist/Homeland/Once x2/Revenge/Castle/The Middle/Back in the Game/How I Met Your Mother.

The wife watches Criminal Minds/NCIS and Bones. Ah, and White Collar as that starts tonight, and she has to catch up on the entire season of Covert Affairs apparently. I have a shit ton of lucha to get to. We had been watching Hell on Wheels til that ended too.

We're thinking of adding in Sleepy Hollow. 

If you like weird-ish genre shows, Sleepy Hollow isn't a bad bet.  Writing is fairly good, decent cast. and it's got a good, creepy look.  Seems to be getting better as it unfolds, so I'm hoping it sticks around for awhile. 

It;s probably my favorite new show, though that says more about the lack of good new shows than it does about the relative quality of Sleepy Hollow (scarily, I think I've watched every new show except the CW shows and maybe Trophy Wife on ABC and lived very few of them).

Really liked last night's episode of Elementary, btw.  Great outing.

A simple joy I have is watching Beyond Scared Straight and seeing these kids who think they are tough cry when they are yelled at by the inmates.

There was an episode where the guy made the kid comb his chest hair with his fingers, I was in tears at that.

Posted Image

So awesome.

• Like 4

Anyone who has watched "Wire in the Blood"? I just finished the 3rd season and so far I've more than enjoyed each episode. They're not perfect, but they're better than anything in the crime/mystery/serial killer genre.

On the episode called "Synchronicity" (last one of the 3rd season)

I'm super confused as to how Tony was able to come up with conclusion that the sniper was going back to the scene of his first killing, and was it just pure coincidence that the people who he randomly killed are neatly linked to the red-herring suspect Bill Denton? The resolution in this episode seems like a huge copout if we're suppose to leave the explanation to "chance" and "luck". I've search the web and from the few discussions I've seen, no one has a good answer.

The theory that I've come up with it that the final shooting in the office building didn't really happen; it was all in Tony's head due to the hemorrhage he suffered. Tony and Carol's dialogue when Tony woke up was weird:

Tony: Shouldn't you be at work?
Carol: I'm the DCI who caught the Bradfield Sniper. I can take the day off.

First off, the sniper was not caught; the police killed him. Second, the accomplishment was nothing to be proud of as the sniper did kill 3 people before they shot him. So Carol's response didn't make sense. It makes sense if she was referring to the Bill Denton guy.

But then their subsequent conversations muddle up my theory with the sniper apparently being a draftsman instead an IT consultant (Bill could have lied in the interview), and Carol expressing hesitation in telling the press how they caught the sniper. There would only be hesitation if what really happened has Tony's involvement.

All this analysis with the likelihood that this was simply just a badly written episode.

A simple joy I have is watching Beyond Scared Straight and seeing these kids who think they are tough cry when they are yelled at by the inmates.

There was an episode where the guy made the kid comb his chest hair with his fingers, I was in tears at that.

Posted Image

So awesome.

We watched this ep the other day at work on lunch break. The whole room exploded at that. I loved it so

I know American Horror Story isn't too popular around here, but the first two eps of this season have been worlds better than anything from last year.

American Horror Story always starts out well, and then fall apart in the second half as soon as the writers try to put all the plot threads together.

I especially loved them building up the zombie storyline in season 2 only for the Nazi doctor to just casually shoot them in a throwaway scene in one of the final episodes.

Someone called Ironsides as being cancelled soon right after Lucky 7 was. I forget who but good on them. The commercial always seemed like a parody of a cop show that you'd see in a movie.

That makes sense, because Blair Underwood was either giving a nuanced performance parodying other cop show leads, or he mistakenly thought he'd been cast in a 70's blaxploitation film.

• Like 1

There was a story on an entertainment website the other day that they're looking to reboot Remington Steele. Probably hoping to get Pierce Brosnan involved somehow. Otherwise I literally see no reason why they'd try to resurrect that as it's hardly a notable brand name.

Although after Knight Rider, Charlie's Angels, Bionic Woman, and now Ironside, you'd think NBC would maybe wake up and stop trying to resurrect old TV shows. There's literally been one success story in that area, Hawaii Five-O - which airs on CBS.