DVDVR Message Board

Random TV Thoughts

EVA

Sans, The Blacklist, NBC seems to be having a terrible time of it.

I thought The Michael J.Fox show would take off, and I like it, but I've heard a couple of people, who loved him in the 80s, say it's just too sad to see him in that condition. Not sure it's that the reason for its lack of appeal, but it is possible.

Sean Saves the World also died on its ass.

The Michael J. Fox show isn't terrible....but it's not that good either.  Brooklyn 9-9 is the only comedy I saw that looked worth saving.

This.  I didn't like the MJF pilot, but the next two eps have been a little better.  It's average so far, though. 

Brooklyn 9-9 isn't doing it for me, but it's better than the other comedies I've seen so far.  Really disliking the Crazy Ones so far.  It seems like the sort of show that's probably fun to work on set, but the finished product is kinda mediocre.  None of the supporting characters seem like much (even though the casting is promising), and th4ey don't seem to have a good handle on who Sarah Gellar's and Robin William's characters are supposed to be.  The pilot made Gellar's character seem like the responsible one, while Williams character was.... crazy?  Out of touch?  A has been?  The second episode upended the dynamic and made Gellar's character seem kinda incompetent and out of her depth, while Williams was some sort of ad genius.   It doesn't help that a David E. Kelly show starring SMG and Robin Williams probably would have sounded like a better idea 10 or 12 years ago.

People actually thought Sean Saves the World was going to be successful?

Well, he was frequently the highlight of Will and Grace so I can see why NBC thought a show based on him could work. Problem is, he's way better as a supporting character than someone who's centre stage.

Anyway, Robin Williams' act was better and more refreshing in the '80s because 1) he was younger 2) was high on coke. Now it just feels like a nostalgia pop.

Not sure comedy is really Gellar's forte, despite what people have claimed.

Sara Rue should have never lost weight. That said, she's gorgeous at any size.

There's no way I can state my real feelings on this topic without it creating an unnecessary U-Turn into crazy town.

Suffice to say, I am not a fan of Sara Rue.

Well, he was frequently the highlight of Will and Grace so I can see why NBC thought a show based on him could work. Problem is, he's way better as a supporting character than someone who's centre stage.

Another problem is that Will & Grace ended in 2006... that audience moved on a long time ago

Sara Rue should have never lost weight. That said, she's gorgeous at any size.

There's no way I can state my real feelings on this topic without it creating an unnecessary U-Turn into crazy town.

Suffice to say, I am not a fan of Sara Rue.

*pats the proverbial sofa*

Lie down and tell me how she hurt you.  :)

I'm not sure being the highlight of an incredibly bad show is exactly high praise.

Another problem is that Will & Grace ended in 2006... that audience moved on a long time ago

And he wasn't even a solo act then. It was him AND Megan Mullally.