DVDVR Message Board

Random TV Thoughts

EVA

For the two people still watching it - apparently the Simpsons are going to kill off "an iconic" character this season

Mrs. Krabappel is married to Ned Flanders now? A lot has happened in the last 15 years.

Ah I see. Note to fat female comedians: making a bunch of "wacky" faces and stupid antics do not make you funny. Rosanne Barr was funny. Melissa McCarthy and Rebel Wilson (who I also hate just because of her name)... not so much.

She is the current "look we like fat people too!" Hollywood flavour of the month.

She was great in Pain & Gain but I hate this trend that has taken over film & TV the last decade. You become popular because of your big body type and then you feel self-conscious/get guilt tripped into losing weight. It's weird as shit. I'm not saying Melissa McCartney will ever be a size 3, but I won't be surprised if she gets down in size once roles start falling off the table.

BROOKLYN NINE-NINE is starting to find itself, I think. Too bad the ratings are cratering. It will take a drastic scheduling change to save it.

It's my favorite new show this season.  I'm really bummed it looks like it isn't going to make it.  It seems like it could grow into a great sitcom.

She is the current "look we like fat people too!" Hollywood flavour of the month.

She was great in Pain & Gain but I hate this trend that has taken over film & TV the last decade. You become popular because of your big body type and then you feel self-conscious/get guilt tripped into losing weight. It's weird as shit. I'm not saying Melissa McCartney will ever be a size 3, but I won't be surprised if she gets down in size once roles start falling off the table.

The Sara Rue effect?

And a quick look at IMDB shows that she was in the Spaced pilot and that pilot currently has a 1.4 out of 10 rating on IMDB. Wow. How could someone fuck up an American version of Spaced that badly?

And a quick look at IMDB shows that she was in the Spaced pilot and that pilot currently has a 1.4 out of 10 rating on IMDB. Wow. How could someone fuck up an American version of Spaced that badly?

Someone asked that same question

Wow.  It's like they just drained every drop of charisma and creativity and fun from it and splashed it up there.  Yikes.

No shortage of Great British Shows being horrible American remakesCouplingAnd of coursehttp://youtu.be/99S-Vbdgw-M

I really liked Hell on Wheels this week. Bohannon has sort of reached a mythic point in the show. Sort of like a vulnerable exasperated Wolverine. The entire Cheyenne sequence was great though. The show is usually hit or miss but this was a big hit.