DVDVR Message Board

ALL ENCOMPASSING STAR WARS THREAD

RIPPA

• 2 weeks later...

Per Kathleen Kennedy, the Rian Johnson trilogy is "currently not being worked on" (the blame seems to have been placed on Johnson's five year deal with Netflix, which has prevented him from working on the trilogy)

Kennedy did say that the Patty Jenkins Rogue Squadron movie is still happening as is the movie directed by Taika Waititi

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

Colin Cantwell, lead starship designer for Star Wars and CBS analyst for the moon landing, has died. His partner, Sierra Dall, confirmed to The Hollywood Reporter that he died at home in Colorado on Saturday.

7d97f2f27b6667022cd4ef0daf4de1ac.jpg

Someone needs to change the air filters for the HVAC.  There is suddenly a lot of pollen in the building.

• Sad 3

The Mandalorian Season 3 - Feb 2023

Jude Law has been cast as the lead in Star Wars: Skeleton Crew (the series being done by Jon Watts)

Teaser for Andor

I am amused that Dolfan started an Obi Wan thread in freaking March because he couldn't find the Star Wars thread and none of us realized it

Anyway - you can go here for your spoiler talk

Tales of the Jedi has been revealed to be a collection of animated shorts featuring "iconic Star Wars Jedi from the prequel era."

So far it is known that shorts about Ahsoka Tano (3 shorts), Count Dooku (3 shorts) and Qui-Gon Jinn (Liam Neeson will return to voice and his son will voice a younger version of Jinn)

• Like 1

Kathleen Kennedy all but said the Lando Calrissian will not happen until Donald Glover's schedule frees up

“You need to ask Donald,” Kennedy said during an interview with CinemaBlend when asked about the status of the Lando series. “He’s the one that holds all the cards here. But there’s no movement. I will say that honestly. But it’s not for lack of trying. It’s just that he’s a very busy guy … He’s got another series, and I think one other thing, and then he’ll come our way. So patiently waiting.”

(It appears the two shows she is referring to are the last season of Atlanta and the Mr. & Mrs. Smith series for Amazon)

Had a great time at Leeds Comic Con yesterday. Star Wars by far was the most represented in costumes and merchandise. Had some photos with Darth Vader (My #1Star Wars character), Obi-Wan Kenobi and a Stormtrooper. Off topic one with Big Boss from Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater who earlier had a cardboard box with him. Will put pictures up on Facebook ASAP.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/6/2022 at 5:16 PM, The Natural said:

Had a great time at Leeds Comic Con yesterday. Star Wars by far was the most represented in costumes and merchandise. Had some photos with Darth Vader (My #1Star Wars character), Obi-Wan Kenobi and a Stormtrooper. Off topic one with Big Boss from Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater who earlier had a cardboard box with him. Will put pictures up on Facebook ASAP.

287766052_10158902751773862_574482205717

287247705_10158902755078862_781825035147

• Like 4

With my daughter spending the summer with cousins, I had Father's Day all to myself. I spent it re-watching key episodes of The Mandalorian S2 and Book of Boba Fett. From this I can say what things I want to see happen in S3 of The Mandalorian

1. There needs to be a Law & Order style interrogation scene with Moff Gideon and New Republic interrogators where he just straight out manipulates them.
2. More of The Armorer. Possibly my favorite character after Mndo
3. Bo Katan is a given at this point but since no Koska was confirmed. Hopefully Sasha returns if we get S4
4. That being said we need a showdown between Mando and Bo Katan. I do NOT think Bo Katan deserves any sort of redemption
5. I think if they are going to build for the Ahsoka show then Sabine should show up here... right?

James

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, J.H. said:

With my daughter spending the summer with cousins, I had Father's Day all to myself. I spent it re-watching key episodes of The Mandalorian S2 and Book of Boba Fett. From this I can say what things I want to see happen in S3 of The Mandalorian

1. There needs to be a Law & Order style interrogation scene with Moff Gideon and New Republic interrogators where he just straight out manipulates them.
3. Bo Katan is a given at this point but since no Koska was confirmed. Hopefully Sasha returns if we get S4
4. That being said we need a showdown between Mando and Bo Katan. I do NOT think Bo Katan deserves any sort of redemption
5. I think if they are going to build for the Ahsoka show then Sabine should show up here... right?

James

Filoni is doing the show, and Ahsoka is after Thrawn.  Last time we saw Thrawn, he was with Ezra and Sabine was determined to find Ezra, so at least Sabine should be showing up soon.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, J.H. said:

James

Why do you hate Bo Katan?

I'd be a little surprise if they felt the need to show Sabine. I assume S3 will be focused on trying to retake/reform Mandalore with Bo either trying to get Din to lead with the Dark Saber.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...