DVDVR Message Board

ALL ENCOMPASSING STAR WARS THREAD

RIPPA

The Andor trailer looks fantastic. It will be interesting to see the more grey area/intelligence side of the Rebellion. With it being the the start of the Rebellion I am curious if Ahsoka as Fulcrum shows up at some point.

• 3 weeks later...

Meanwhile, in Where Are They Now, Star Wars edition:

Seriously, dumbass went from one of the hottest properties in the universe to... to... to whatever the fuck THAT is. At this rate I fully expect her as Lorelei in "This Ain't the Gilmore Girls XXX" by 2025.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

13 minutes ago, Travis Sheldon said:

I know someone else that sniffed people... and his name is Hannibal Lecter.

Look for Gina Carano in Silence of the Lambs Part II: More Quieter, co-starring Armie Hammer, Kevin Sorbo and Dean Cain.

This time, the FBI are the bad guys!

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...

Oh my God these awful names for SW characters.   Lando Calrissian sounds like a name for a humanoid bro from another galaxy.  I love Ezra Bridger, but his name better fits the guy that came to your house from Geek Squad to help you set up your wireless router.

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

I really don't get why they broke up the first three episodes of Andor. Just release it all together as a single 100 minute movie. You own the platform. There are no rules here. Bad Batch opened with a 70 minute movie for its first episode. I mean it's good they dropped all 3 at first because those were awkward breaks in-between. 

I've seen up to episode 4 so far. Show is OK. It's probably the best looking Star Wars TV show in terms of the overall visual aesthetic and production values. At times I felt like I was watching Blade Runner more than Star Wars.

Edited by TheVileOne
  • Like 1

Andor is fucking great.  Chief Hyne may be the best cop boss I have seen in recent memory on any show.  He knew the security dudes that were trying to shake Cassian down were up to no good, so he set them up with a dignified end and did not even bother with an investigation since he realized the dudes had it coming and got killed trying to extort the wrong man.  

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1