DVDVR Message Board

2017 WHATEVER THE HELL USED TO BE TNA DISCUSSION THREAD

1 hour ago, nofuture said:

Word is they're hiring Canadian indie wrestlers (presumably to be refs too) because they can get government funding if they have a certain amount of Canadian employees.

maxresdefault.jpg

Good Day eh, and welcome to Impact Wrestling.  Sponsored by Elsinore Beer.  Tonight we have a mouse in a bottle on a pole match.

• Like 7

17 minutes ago, sabremike said:

I hope that's a reference to a famous Rick Jeanneret call after (I think) Brad May beat someone up in a fight.

Nope. Canadian wrestler who used to work enhancement matches for WWE, and was in TNA at some point.

The only reason I would ever bring up Brad May on this board is when discussing how the Jets swapped first round picks with Buffalo and picked a hall of famer, and Buffalo picked a guy who liked to fight. ;)

5 minutes ago, J.T. said:

What did they offer to Rosemary that she hasn't bailed out yet?

A jelly?

UO7ce5.gif

She is Canadian, so if that rumor of them wanting to retain Canadians would make sense, especially if they continue to work out of her home country.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Rosemary also has the sweet deal where she gets booked all over the place when not working the marathon tapings, plus runs her own merch.  Think she also owns the gimmick so she's pretty set to do whatever the fuck she wants, which she wouldn't have the autonomy to do in WWE.  

Plus Impact books her boyfriend too and they aren't the assholes to couples Vince is. 

13 minutes ago, Raziel403 said:

Rosemary also has the sweet deal where she gets booked all over the place when not working the marathon tapings, plus runs her own merch.  Think she also owns the gimmick so she's pretty set to do whatever the fuck she wants, which she wouldn't have the autonomy to do in WWE.  

Plus Impact books her boyfriend too and they aren't the assholes to couples Vince is. 

So what you are saying is that either the bookers at Impact learned what happens when a popular worker leaves or Rosemary chose to resign because she learned what happens when a popular worker tries to leave.

11 minutes ago, J.T. said:

So what you are saying is that either the bookers at Impact learned what happens when a popular worker leaves or Rosemary chose to resign because she learned what happens when a popular worker tries to leave.

Pretty much.

Speaking of people leaving - James Storm is expected to be gone soon.

His super expensive deal is up in January so the expectation is he will work the next tapings and then be done. (Granted that means he will still be on TV till like Feb)

It would make sense that they put him in their Hall of Fame on Sunday but this is TNA we are talking about

9 hours ago, Serious Darius Bagfelt said:

May as well.  FIght Network has an interview with Tyson up on their site where he talks of not being able to work in the States anymore because his passport got flagged for working in the US with the wrong visa

I would be all for Impact bringing Dux in. I mean, he already works for Smash Wrestling, which also airs on The Fight Network. All Dux All The Time

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Dewar said:

Nope. Canadian wrestler who used to work enhancement matches for WWE, and was in TNA at some point.

The only reason I would ever bring up Brad May on this board is when discussing how the Jets swapped first round picks with Buffalo and picked a hall of famer, and Buffalo picked a guy who liked to fight. ;)

We got May Day and one of the greatest moments (and greatest calls) in Sabres history so for that alone we didn't do too bad relatively speaking.

If you read the story - Earl quit after being told that TNA was going to use local refs for the PPV this Sunday

So yeah - TNA is just a Canadian indie at this point

Ryan Satin also said he has heard from multiple people that TNA is making talent pay for their own parking this weekend but Chelsea Green responded to him that that wasn't true.

1 minute ago, RIPPA said:

Ryan Satin also said he has heard from multiple people that TNA is making talent pay for their own parking this weekend but Chelsea Green responded to him that that wasn't true.

Of course it isn't.  TNA probably doesn't pay workers enough to afford cars.

I kinda hope TNA goes full-on and becomes a Canadian indy.  There's a number of guys I'd like to see get the exposure (and, conversely, there's a number of guys being featured now that I could stand to see less of).

It would actually make sense for them to try to add as much canadian content. If they can be declared CanCon, it's not like getting government subsidy directly (Although it may make it easier to get Film and Media Tax credits), but every station has to play a certain amount of CanCon as a condition of License up here. I'm not sure what it is, but if they are cheap enough, they could get picked up by other networks or at the very least help out with the numbers on Fight Network and GameTv, the networks they are flooding with impact programming up here right now (Fight Network being a Second tier cable channel, so not available to everyone, Game TV is I think a must-carry for Digital Carrier up here)

Cancon, the reason Anne Murray and  early Celine Dion had careers, could save impact.