DVDVR Message Board

2017 WHATEVER THE HELL USED TO BE TNA DISCUSSION THREAD

So Anthem basically gave up on trying to claim the broken stuff, presumably because they have no money for legal fees. This is after a few months back where they had an agreement to actually get something back for the gimmick and pulled out because they are idiots. Jim Herd looks at the Anthem people and goes "My God they are completely stupid and incompetent and have no business running a wrestling company!".

By Paul Jordan on 2017-11-29 15:42:00
Anthem released the following statement to Sports Illustrated regarding WWE using a "Broken" Matt Hardy style gimmick:

“We have seen the character development and will be interested to see where they take the concept. Our new talent agreements all incorporate language that allow talent to continue to use their IMPACT persona after they leave the company. We are working with our legal team to amend our existing agreements to extend this to all of our current and former talent.”

As discussed earlier today on the We Don't Need No Stinkin' Name Show for PWInsider Elite subscribers, Impact has internally decided they will not pursue ownership of the "Broken Universe", paving the way for Matt Hardy to officially trademark and own the characters.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sabremike said:

It's nice that after all this time they spent making enemies left and right they've finally seen the light. File under "Too Little Too Late".

This, seriously. I mean, how many fans could have they paid if they just sold the thing at a reasonable figure to begin with? 

5 hours ago, mattdangerously said:

Anthem makes Dixie look like a fucking genius in retrospect.  And she didn't even know how to work Microsoft Outlook without getting thrown off a network.

That was Russo who emailed the wrong Mike.

Couple of notes from Meltzer

- The next two big money contracts that are coming up (which probably means these folks are leaving) are EC3 and Bobby Lashley

- The taping in March most likely will be back in Canada but not Ottawa since it was so tough to get fans to the taping there

EC3 in NXT would be worlds of fun. Especially if he comes in to feud with Sanity immediately. 

Lashley, eh... He never really did it for me.  Plus, I think we have a better version of him in Big E. 

6 hours ago, hammerva said:

No idea how accurate "Squared Circle Sirens" are but they are saying that Laurel Von Ness  has asked for her release.   That is pretty interesting given the spoilers if I read correctly

If Casey says it’s happenig - it’s happening

And the impression I got is that she would work the January tapings to wrap up any storylines 

3 minutes ago, Marty Sugar said:

The WWE will sign Laurel, have her show up as Zack Ryder's GF  (which she is in real life), and knowing the WWE and their love affair with Ryder...immediately have her kick him in the nuts and begin a relationship with Mojo Rawley.

And then put them in different shows.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On ‎11‎/‎30‎/‎2017 at 10:51 AM, CreativeControl said:

WWE have to bring Lashley back to face Brock surely?

He will probably go back to training at ATT full time and attempt yet another hysterical MMA comeback that will fail miserably.

1 hour ago, J.T. said:

He will probably go back to training at ATT full time and attempt yet another hysterical MMA comeback that will fail miserably.

Lashley would probably have more success training at Verizon than AT&T.

I know that was hackey as hell. I fully accept whatever abuse comes my way because of it.

• Like 1