DVDVR Message Board

[MOVIE] 2017 UPCOMING MOVIE DISCUSSION

RIPPA

In better Stephen King news, I actually scored a copy of The Bachman Books (with Rage!) today. Told the lady at the counter she could have made probably twice what I paid for it, she said she's be fine with me flipping it online, I said "Naw, I don't flip things, I keep them" haha

I also got Black Sabbath - The Mob Rules on vinyl so that kind of cools the burn of me not getting to see Deceased in Chicago tonight

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

In better Stephen King news, I actually scored a copy of The Bachman Books (with Rage!) today. Told the lady at the counter she could have made probably twice what I paid for it, she said she's be fine with me flipping it online, I said "Naw, I don't flip things, I keep them" haha

I also got Black Sabbath - The Mob Rules on vinyl so that kind of cools the burn of me not getting to see Deceased in Chicago tonight

Hey! I just scored old copies of Black Sabbath and Master of Reality out of a box in some guy's garage today!

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

God damn you I need Mob Rules on vinyl so bad.

I do have the old Bachman Books collection with Rage but it's literally falling a part.

I feel your pain Fowler, I actually asked for it as an Xmas gift from a friend last year and he couldn't find a copy. Then lo and behold it and Heaven and Hell (which I already had a copy of) show up at the record store yesterday, prim and pristine. Hopefully the latter will find a good home

On 7/31/2017 at 5:53 PM, Dolfan in NYC said:

mother!

Starring Jennifer Lawrence, Javier Bardem, Ed Harris, and Michelle Pfieffer

Directed by Darren Aronofsky

(I saw a trailer in the theater that was slightly longer than this, but it was just title cards and sounds from the movie.  Full trailer out next week. Also, holy shit that cast.)

Here's the full trailer:

On 8/5/2017 at 4:27 AM, Brian Fowler said:

1. Jake is not a breaker

2. Jake is not the last.. oh just fuck you you fucking assholes.

Exactly.  It's like Hollywood Asshole #3542 skimmed the Cliffs Notes and said "so it's a sci fi/fantasy with a kid in it?  Shit, I can work with that!  Somebody bring me my dystopian YA fiction template!"

That Mother! trailer stealing a gag from The Evil Dead and then kinda sorta one from The Beyond has my ears perked. Beyond, ya know, the cast and the director and everything else about it

Does anyone really need to see any more of Our Souls At Night beyond that trailer? Do you really want to see your parents getting it on, if so?

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Per Deadline - Tim Miller (Deadpool, the upcoming Terminator Reboot) will be directing Neuromancer.

Yes, THAT Neuromancer

This movie will be made or broken by the casting for the role of Molly Millions.

The novel is busy AF.  I have no idea how this movie will be under three hours long.  Neuromancer needed to be a mini-series.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

I guess this is gonna replace the eternally hanging anvil of a live-action Akira in "films evoking nerd rage" for this year. 

No.  Nerds hate the proposed live action Akira because its not set in Tokyo and doesn't have an all Japanese cast.

2 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

You've got to be fucking kidding me. 

I wish I were kidding, but I am not.

1 minute ago, Eivion said:

What is Neuromancer? I've heard the name before, but never knew anything about it.

It's the first novel in William Gibson's Sprawl trilogy and the Sprawl trilogy isn't really a trilogy.  It's three books that got lumped together because they share a lot of characters and circumstances.

Neuromancer is also one of the 80's Cyberpunk Bibles along with The Shockwave Rider and Snowcrash.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Eivion said:

What is Neuromancer? I've heard the name before, but never knew anything about it.

Its a Book by William Gibson

Basically it is created with inventing the concept of the Internet

EDIT - Introducing is probably a better word than inventing but that is the general point

• Like 1