DVDVR Message Board

[MOVIE] 2017 UPCOMING MOVIE DISCUSSION

RIPPA

What Happened to Monday?

Noomi Rapace playing 7 people

Did we know this was a Netflix trailer when the first trailer was posted? I have no memory

33 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

What Happened to Monday?

Noomi Rapace playing 7 people

Did we know this was a Netflix trailer when the first trailer was posted? I have no memory

Nope, this Netflix branding is all new. 

mother!

Starring Jennifer Lawrence, Javier Bardem, Ed Harris, and Michelle Pfieffer

Directed by Darren Aronofsky

(I saw a trailer in the theater that was slightly longer than this, but it was just title cards and sounds from the movie.  Full trailer out next week. Also, holy shit that cast.)

• Like 1

Also they announced the release date for Bumblebee as Dec 21, 2018

That is the same day as Aquaman

So basically Hollywood wants to ensure you have a terrible Christmas by watching either of those movies

• Haha 1

As long as it hits the high water mark of Ted Bundy I'll be satisfied. It's not gonna be Henry or anything, but what is. 

Speaking of which, I'm reminded of the Dahmer movie with Jeremy Renner (first time ever seeing him) and the head in the box scene... CREEPY.

3 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

MY FRIEND DAHMER

Starring Ross Lynch, Anne Heche, and Vincent Kartheiser

This is either going to be amazing or awful, with no inbetween. 

Well, Anne Heche (!) so I know where I'll be putting my money.

On 01/08/2017 at 11:01 AM, Dolfan in NYC said:

MY FRIEND DAHMER

Starring Ross Lynch, Anne Heche, and Vincent Kartheiser

This is either going to be amazing or awful, with no inbetween. 

It looks like it hits all the important broad strokes, so it could be not awful. I think there are some cautionary societal tales in his and Ed Gein's stories worth examining (homophobia and transphobia respectively). It also looks like they're focusing entirely on his youth and not his adult life, another promising sign. 

Okay, I am digging that this Morrissey biopic gets the extremely opinionated part of him without making him look like a total douchebag.

I'm struggling to think of something with John Cho in it that I did not like.  The Total Recall reboot comes to mind, but John was pretty awesome in the ten or fifteen minutes he was given to chew on scenery.

17 hours ago, RIPPA said:

You liked all the Harold and Kumar movies?

I didn't think the White Castle joint was that bad.  The Guantanamo Bay sequel did make my eyes bleed, though.

15 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2017/aug/03/the-dark-tower-review-interminable-stephen-king-adaptation-a-uniquely-flavorless-slog

The Guardian tend to be a little vicious sometimes in their reviews. This one says two stars, it might as well say "0% on Rotting Tomatoes"

Both men have plans for young Jake; the Gunslinger recognizes him as the last hope for peace on Earth, while the Man in Black wants to strap the boy into a large dentist’s chair to use him as fuel for a laser that would destroy the Dark Tower. 

Neither of these is from the source material.  So they took the sidekick character from the books, sort of made him the protagonist, and turned it into another "chosen one" young adult fantasy?  Amazing.

19 minutes ago, Technico Support said:

Both men have plans for young Jake; the Gunslinger recognizes him as the last hope for peace on Earth, while the Man in Black wants to strap the boy into a large dentist’s chair to use him as fuel for a laser that would destroy the Dark Tower.

WHAT~??

How the fuck did the ending for Bryan Singer's first X-Men movie get tied to the plotline of this movie?

• Like 1