DVDVR Message Board

[MOVIE] 2017 UPCOMING MOVIE DISCUSSION

RIPPA

So apparently Ed Skrein was cast in the Hellboy reboot, as a character that's Asian in the comics. So there was a little kerfuffle about whitewashing... so he withdrew from the role so they could  recast it with an ethnically appropriate actor. And now the right wing snowflakes are upset because there's another character who was an Irish Ginger in the comics and is Black in the movie.

There have been Black People in Ireland for generations, by the way. Not many, but some. One was a famous Rock Singer in the 70s.

• Like 2

On 8/30/2017 at 2:01 PM, Curt McGirt said:

Well... I liked Arnold powerbombing someone.

The trailer actually has me interested in seeing the movie.  Didn't expect that.

I am still expecting it to be 90-120 minutes of godawfulness.

On ‎30‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 8:56 AM, S.K.o.S. said:

If everything works out (to be confirmed tomorrow morning), I will be seeing this in a couple weeks at TIFF.

Got it! 

Also got mother! and The Florida Project.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, J.T. said:

YES~! 

I will require a spoiler free review from you when you get back!

Will do!  I won't be seeing it until the 11th, which is like less than a week before it opens on the 15th.  Just wanted to get out in front of things before word starts trickling out about what happens in the movie.  I haven't watched the trailer, trying to go in as blind as possible.

Sylvester Stallone has been teasing Creed 2 hard lately, and I'm excited. But also confused. It looks like they are doing Adonis vs El Hijo del Drago instead of the fight the first movie left obvious. I can't remember his name now, but the guy that knocked Donnie out at the gym in the beginning and was supposed to challenge Conlan was the obvious choice for Creed 2 and I'm discouraged they aren't going to do the obvious and relatively realistic thing.

• Like 2

On 9/2/2017 at 8:37 PM, Brian Fowler said:

Sylvester Stallone has been teasing Creed 2 hard lately, and I'm excited. But also confused. It looks like they are doing Adonis vs El Hijo del Drago instead of the fight the first movie left obvious. I can't remember his name now, but the guy that knocked Donnie out at the gym in the beginning and was supposed to challenge Conlan was the obvious choice for Creed 2 and I'm discouraged they aren't going to do the obvious and relatively realistic thing.

berries.JPG

Membah Rocky 4? Membah Ivan Drago? "I must break you" membah?

• Like 2

Stallone is probably directing and writing Creed 2, and the way he's been desperately pushing it on instagram it's almost like he's having trouble getting it financed. I have a feeling he doesn't have a handle on why Creed worked so well and it's going to be more on the level of quality of the Expendables movies.  He seems to have a chip on his shoulder about the level of input he had on the first one and he didn't even thank Coogler during his Golden Globes acceptance speech.