DVDVR Message Board

Raw Is Kevin Dunn Missing The Finish - 12/12/16

Dolfan in NYC

Congrats on the New Day beating Demolition's record. Or at least it looked like it, we only caught half the pin. 

I also cannot speak the words to say how much I hated Mick Foley "building up" Sami Zayn.  Patronizing bullshit. 

In an alternate universe JeriKO are tag champs and running rough shod through the division with that slick looking Pop-Up Codebreaker.

Good Raw, loved both triple threats and I thought Xavier Woods was especially impressive looking.

• Like 1

Foley deserves a Helluva kick from Sami, or in a perfect world, a top rope brainbustahhh from El Generico. 

Loved the audible HERO chant.

Jack Gallagher annoucing his intent to interfere was the gentlemanly thing to do, but I'm disappointed we didn't get the Lince Dorado match.

I guess New Day keeps the tag titles as long as their merch keeps selling, but I'm beyond tired of their act. I wonder who gets built up as the next challengers since they've gone through everyone in the division. The indy fan in me wants the KOW to reign supreme again.

• Like 5

23 minutes ago, HumanChessgame said:

Seriously.  The worst part of Raw was being let down to find out Sami wasn't going to be headed to Smackdown after all.

I was so excited at Sami being traded to SD, since he should have been there in the first place.

• Like 4

Smackdown really needs more faces. Sami would be a great fit for a Miz feud, or to keep AJ busy until Cena is back. Raw could have Eva Marie and Smackdown should throw in Ziggler and a leftover garbage bag of popcorn for Mick to sweeten the deal. The problem is Mick getting confused which is Ziggler and which is the garbage bag.

4 minutes ago, Eivion said:

I'm disappointed Revival didn't appear and win the belts to keep New Day from breaking the record.

Roadblock would be the perfect time to debut them.  There's no tag title match booked and only 6 matches listed with Russev/Cass being listed as taking place on the preshow.  Even with the guaranteed 30 minutes for the women's title match that show is going to struggle to hit 2+ hours. New Day doing an open challenge or something would be a prime way to debut the Revival, though maybe they're just going to come out on Raw next week instead.

38 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

The best thing about the potential trade is that in reality Mick Foley couldn't get it pushed through:

How terrifying is it that, apart from the WWE-specific references, I have a hard time distinguishing Eva Marie's public statements from the president elect's.

Maybe we'll get lucky and on January 20th he'll start a long angle where he keeps delaying his Oval Office debut.

• Like 9

Was at the show tonight. Wrestling is always fun live. I went with one friend who hasn't watched in a while and one who never watched even as a kid. They in particular liked Rusev calling people garbage.

Congrats to the New Day. Think back to when they debuted those vignettes to debut them. They were DOA. All three of those guys found an insane charisma and connection with each other. Xavier Woods in particular has evolved from really awful in NXT to becoming a really good underdog baby face which a pit stop for cheap shot artist in between. 

They are definitely stale but kudos to those guys for figuring it out and kudos to whoever for getting behind them.

• Like 1