DVDVR Message Board

NFL 2016: WEEK FOURTEEN

Dolfan in NYC

What I am deeply amused about is that they are playing the Thursday game.

I mean it would it really have mattered if they had waited 4 more days and canned him after losing to the Seahawks?

Stan Kroenke everyone!

8 minutes ago, Gonzo said:

The Rams have fired Jeff Fisher.

THIS IS NOT A DRILL.

The Rams have fired Jeff Fisher.

Did he sign his extension?  If they fired him after giving him two extra years of pay, they are even dumber than they were for hiring him in the first damn place.

• Like 1

Okay - since I am just killing some time I was looking

One would assume the candidates to flex into the Week 17 Sunday Night game are (The league won't pick until after Week 16 ends)

NYG vs. WFC

Texans vs. Titans

GB vs. Detroit

Oakland vs. Denver

Clearly their order of preference would be

1) Giants/Skins

2) Pack/Lions

3) Raiders/Broncos

4) any other game besides a "Who Wins the AFC South"

5) Browns going for 0-16

6) Texans/Titans

Strangely, Dolphins-Pats may be on that list too.  Miami could be fighting for its first playoff spot in nearly a decade and NE would be a rather big hurdle for them to climb, if necessary. 

I mean, I'm sure it's going to be NY/Washington or Denver/Oakland, but weirder things...

5 minutes ago, Dewar said:

Is the league allowed to flex Cincinnati/Houston out of primetime on Christmas eve? TB/New Orleans or Indy/Oakland could work out as better primetime games.

Tweaking my response since I thought Cincy/Houston was already on Christmas Day

No - because I assure you they already know they will get shit ratings on Christmas Eve so might as well punt it with two bad teams

(And then you get into the whole issues of moving teams around on a holiday)

At the risk of Dean banning me, this Cowboys/Giants thing reminds me of that year Jacksonville went 14-2 and got to the AFC title game, but lost to Tennessee 3 times. I can even see Zeke sitting at his locker saying he still believes they were better than NYG.

Jeff Fisher has lived off being a bad matchup for Jax for a decade and a half.