DVDVR Message Board

Smackdown is Unexpected Turns! Painting Yellow! ELLSWORTH!

Rev Ray

11 minutes ago, The Comedian said:

Ya know at first I was thinkin' that they were low-key keeping the Spirit Squad around so they'd have another jobber team for these Survivor Series qualifiers. Then I thought about it a bit more and realized that they may actually end up making the team. I mean, I'm assuming a first four of Slater & Rhyno/Hype Bros/AA/Usos, and with Ascension eliminated your choices for fifth team are the Vaudevillains, Breezedango, and Spirit Squad. One of those teams is in the middle of an upper-midcard angle, and the other two rarely even make the show...

Vaudevillains are still in the dog house for that backstage altercation involving Simon Gotch, yes?.

11 hours ago, Rev Ray said:

- AJ retains by DQ over Ambrose after No Chin Music by Ellsworth.  AJ lays out James twice.  Dean, seeing Ellsworth lining up AJ, does not distract the referee.  He's the moron, not Ellsworth.

Dean should have done that, but I'm sensing Dean gets another shot and his title shot at a later time.  I wonder if they're even doing a title match at Survivor Series or if this is going to go on for some time before the title match.  The main event was super fun, capped off by the uber-hilarious ending when Ellsworth superkicked AJ.  That and the aftermath was pure gold.

Hot damn I loved this show so much.  How Raw can fail so badly and this work so well is beyond me.  I'm actually interested in Orton turning as he's a better heel.  Hoping it's not a recreating of Daniel Bryan joining them, I want heel Orton killing fools.  The women are shining so bright, and it's hard not to with heels like Alexa.  If you want to say AJ's the MVP of SD then Alexa is the female MVP by leaps and bounds.  Also really loved Nikki's STF, Cena should be ashamed that his girlfriend's version smokes his by leaps and bounds.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, J.T. said:

She is in good company when it comes to using her significant other's finisher better than her significant other.

GODDAMN, HOKUTO! The pin with the leg across the throat is just flat-out insult to crippling, potentially deadly injury. 

I know they'd never allow the extra head droppy version but the Northern Lights Bomb would be a great super-finisher for one of the women to have. Maybe even use it in the Cell?

I think part of the what works for the Smackdown ladies is that they aren't trying to reinvent the wheel. Both programs are old school wrestling angles that happen to feature women, not angles that are about them being women.

Also, I'm glad Nikki took Stone Cold's advice about the STF even if Cena didn't.

2 hours ago, Fallacy! said:

I was hoping Ellsworth would turn on Ambrose and become AJ's lackey, but what they did last night was actually better. AJ's missile dropkick to Ellsworth was picture perfect.

tumblr_ofmy9lQMM61sbzhteo1_500.gif

Damn.

• Like 1