DVDVR Message Board

2016-17 NBA - 1st Half

Dolfan in NYC

Apparently the Sixers are close enough to a trade that they removed Jahlil Okafor from the lineup

Brett Brown all but said that if he doesn't play Okafor a potential trade is the reason

17 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Cleveland trades Chris Andersen to Charlotte for a protected 2. 

Wait, that's a protected SECOND round pick? That actually exists?

55 minutes ago, supremebve said:

This was not a trade for a pick, this was a salary dump.  The Cavs can pay less luxury tax, and Charlotte gets an expiring contract.  

I wonder who was the best player ever to be traded for nothing.  Denver sending Marcus Camby to the Clips for the right to swap 2nd rounders comes to mind.  So does Milwaukee sending Jared Dudley to Washington for a heavily-protected second-rounder, although he was injured at the time.

The D-League is getting a sponsorship deal with Gatorade and changing its name to the G-League, which just sounds dumb as hell.

1 minute ago, Zimbra said:

I wonder who was the best player ever to be traded for nothing.  Denver sending Marcus Camby to the Clips for the right to swap 2nd rounders comes to mind.  So does Milwaukee sending Jared Dudley to Washington for a heavily-protected second-rounder, although he was injured at the time.

The D-League is getting a sponsorship deal with Gatorade and changing its name to the G-League, which just sounds dumb as hell.

Was there anyone notable in any of those Keith Van Horn trades that happened years after he was out of the league?

9 minutes ago, supremebve said:

Was there anyone notable in any of those Keith Van Horn trades that happened years after he was out of the league?

He was part of the trade that sent Kidd back to Dallas, but there was some real stuff going back to NJ so I don't know if it counts.

Gilbert Arenas to Orlando for Rashard Lewis is another one, although I'm not sure if the Magic knew they were trading Lewis away for nothing.

3 hours ago, Zimbra said:

I am fine with this as long as they place orange jugs filled with Gatorade in the stands to refresh and rehydrate all the fans.

• Like 2