DVDVR Message Board

MLB 2016 - WILDCARD / DIVISIONAL PLAYOFFS

Dolfan in NYC

17 hours ago, odessasteps said:

Like the coyotes honoring the jets and the jets honoring the thrashers?

seems like the only time its been done right is w the browns. 

To me, the Jets stuff makes sense. Winnipeg moved to Phoenix - the history goes with them. 

Kershaw on short rest today for The Dodgers.  I thought that might happen.

No point in saving him for tomorrow if they don't win today.

And really, when your season is on the line, you have to go with your best guy.

Lefties against Ross' fastball got him at a .441/.505/.591 slash. If this LHB heavy lineup is going to make a difference, today is the fucking day. As much as I believe in this team and the FO staff, I can't take winning the West every year and falling short time and time again. I was 2 months away from turning 10 the last time LAD won it all, I want to be able to celebrate the way only an adult can, by crying tears of joy and toasting the good name of Vin Scully.

Here's to Clayton hopefully dazzling his way through 6 or 7 today and handing it over to what has been a pretty excellent pen, yesterday excluded.

After Pederson played a triple into a double by gawking at his would be home run, I wonder what it will take to dissuade players from doing that. And the announcer basically defended guys doing it which saddened but didn't shock me. When you hit the ball you should run. When you see the umpire signal HR then you can go into a trot. If you want to admire your hit wait until after the game and watch it on tape a thousand times if you wish.

The next time someone exaults the genius of Sandy Alderson just remember he let Murphy walk, got Walker as a one year stopgap until Herrera was ready to take over, saw Walker get hurt but had already got rid of Herrera in a panic move.

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

Kershaw needs to never pitch beyond the 6th inning in the playoffs ever again

I agree that he was gassed, but I thought that he K'd Harper, his line is not quite indicative of the game he put together today. And what a terrible time for Baez to plunk a guy. He's hit 3 batters in 145 games in the Bigs. And goddamn that Daniel Murphy!! What a stud that dude is. The fucking filth that Blanton had working showed that he should have been the guy to relieve Kersh, and you are correct, probably at the start of the 7th.

54 minutes ago, sabremike said:

The next time someone exaults the genius of Sandy Alderson just remember he let Murphy walk, got Walker as a one year stopgap until Herrera was ready to take over, saw Walker get hurt but had already got rid of Herrera in a panic move.

He also allowed Justin Turner to walk away, which seems to have worked out pretty well for LAD so far.  

Ah.  You just have to beat the Giants one game in Wrigley.  If the wind is blowing out, the Cubs over/under on HR against Cueto is like 6.

If the wind is blowing in you will know that God hates you and you can plan the rest of your days accordingly, avoiding lightning storms, staying off cliffs, becoming a hockey fan.

• Like 1