DVDVR Message Board

Game of Thrones Maesters Thread

elizium

Kevan has been in a few episodes I believe. Kevan and Lancel both have gotta be returning next season. They are pretty important in Kings Landing after Tywin bites it.

I also think the fate of the Hound is going to be much different on the show. He had an interesting almost throw away line about how the Second Sons would be a good fit for him. I now wonder if he doesn't go with Arya to Braavos. That would also allow them to change up Arya's storyline going forward. The house of black and white stuff is destined to be changed up. Plus if the Hound ends up in the Second Sons there's the chance he ends up paired with Tyrion down the road.

Of course, Lancel has preemptively abdicated any lands and titles he might otherwise inherit by joining The Faith Militant, anyway (so even he's out as Emergency Heir).  If he shows up again in the show, it'll probably be if/when they introduce that angle to the show.

As far as a show watcher knows, Lancel might as well have died when Cersei punched him in the arrow wound.  Kevan only showed up when Tyrion (w/ Vale Tribes) met his dad for the first time back in Season 1.  The show has kept neither one on the lips of characters so it'll take some work and extra exposition to remind people who they are. (Tommen and Myrcella have suffered the same problem. at least people still TALK about The Mountain so people will kinda know who he is when he shows up)

Man, lets just take a moment to feel sorry for Kevan though.  Surrounded by the idiots of his family and the capital, just as good at getting shit down as Tywin, but without the total evil streak, murdered for the crime of doing a good job.

So, maybe the rape scene will serve as a leaping-off point for Cersei's character, where she goes from narcissistic and kinda dumb to straight up batshit crazy. I mean, the double-whammy of seeing her son murdered and getting raped by her "brover" has gotta have some ill effects.

So, maybe the rape scene will serve as a leaping-off point for Cersei's character, where she goes from narcissistic and kinda dumb to straight up batshit crazy. I mean, the double-whammy of seeing her son murdered and getting raped by her "brover" has gotta have some ill effects.

Or, they plan on making her a more sympathetic character instead of the batshit crazy bitch in the books.  I think that a certain future event should be portrayed as a comeuppance that she deserves (all book spoilers are fair game in this thread, right?), but they might want to make her more of a character who we feel for (perhaps because they want to give the actress a meatier role).

Wow, I just read the loglines for the May episodes, and they are fucking flying through some stories. Tyrion's trial by combat isn't until episode 9, but Brienne and Pod are already on the road together in episode 8, but probably even sooner than that given that logline suggests they find a "new lead" in that ep.

Not that I can blame them for wanting to blaze through a lot of those boring ass Feast for Crows stories as quickly as possible while more interesting things are going on.

I'm wondering if, since they've already subbed in Bronn for Ilyn Payne in the role of Jaime's sparring partner, they're just going to skip his foray to Riverrun. Cause Lord knows that was some more boring shit.

That book was so much ass.

I'm guessing Jamie's trip to Riverrun and points North will stay in, since they need to keep Jamie out of King's Landing and give him something to do when Cersei goes full fuck-up and allows the Faith Militant to be restored and the Fleet to be absconded with.  And for Jamie to destroy the "Help Me" message.  

Bronn staying on with him as a sub for Payne will be interesting though.

Jamie going to Riverrun is pretty big in establishing that he's not nearly as much of a dick as he used to be, too.

I honestly have no memory of the Help Me note you mention.  Shit, it might be getting to a point where I need to re-read the books, although I want to hold off until TWoW has a release date.

We had best get Jaime delivering a baby-in-a-trebuchet-related threat, even if it has to be changed due to circumstances.

And Jaime slapping the Freys around with his gold hand beforehand.

And, for that matter, Jaime trying to negotiate with The Blackfish only to have the Blackfish shit on him like The Rock talking to Billy Gunn.

Are there readers in this thread who are ahead of what is likely to occur this season, but not finished with what has been published?

I am about halfway thru ADWD but no longer give a shit about spoilers. I had the Red Wedding spoiled, I had the assassination of Snow spoiled, anything else will not bother me now.

Are there readers in this thread who are ahead of what is likely to occur this season, but not finished with what has been published?

I am about halfway thru ADWD but no longer give a shit about spoilers. I had the Red Wedding spoiled, I had the assassination of Snow spoiled, anything else will not bother me now.

At this stage in the game, spoilers would be preferable rather than being infuriated by the plot twists that end up with my favorite characters being snuffed.

You know what's not in the show?   Epic shitting.  There are several shitting scenes in the book, pages and pages of a soft wind hitting Tyrion's bare behind as he shits.  Without this foreshadowing, how are we to know the significance of Tywin's epic shit as he dies, Tywin's shit smell as he's laying there dead, and, most importantly, Dany's epic diarrhea at the end of Dance. 

At this stage in the game, spoilers would be preferable rather than being infuriated by the plot twists that end up with my favorite characters being snuffed.

Shouldn't you be assuming that your favorite characters get snuffed so that you can be pleasantly surprised when a plot twist allows them to live?

• Like 1

I think they might end up changing Jamie tearing up the letter due to the change in the rape scene last week. A man tearing up a letter from the woman he loves despite the fact she repeatedly spurns him shows growth and change. A man tearing up a letter from the woman he raped in front of her dead son shows he is committed to being the biggest douche in Westeros. 

I am going to be pissed if anyone spoils piranesi and we don't get his honest reaction when I eventually bring up at the appropriate moment that he once wrote this:

In retrospect it was idiotic to think Tywin would be killed.  I just had this vision of Jaime being way less of a mopey (and now rapey) schmuck when he returned and clashing with the old man.  But, man, no one is touching Tywin accept maybe Oberyn.

• Like 1