For the WWE United States Championship: Rusev (c) vs Roman Reigns

For the WWE Tag Team Championship: The New Day (c) vs Da Club

Chris Jericho vs Sami Zayn

*Match 7 of 7: Cesaro vs Sheamus

*Enzo/Cass vs The Shining Stars

Looks okay on paper.

(* = Not announced.  Probably.)

• Like 1

That Women's Title deal is going to be a Triple Threat before this is all said and done.  I don't see how the book can keep Bayley out of that match unless she slums it in a match with Dana or they hotshot her into a quick angle with Nia Jax to settle old NXT business.

Thank God that Rusev is back to give Roman something to do other than fuck with the main event.

The only way I will be happy with the main event is if Kev breaks out the PP for one night only and repeatedly drives Rollins's head through multiple tables.  This match needs to be violent as hell.

And yeah, we all knew that Sheamus / Cesaro was going seven.

1 hour ago, nofuture said:

You might want to remove the "the" from the subject title or Time Warner may sue.  It's Clash of Champions.

I had a bet with myself as to how long it would take for someone to be a spoil sport. (9 1/2)

Thanks for making the Under hit. 

• Like 2

Just now, RIPPA said:

Yes

This is awful booking; same with Sheamus going up 3-0 on Cesaro. It's so damn cliched and obvious how this crap plays out.

Recently worked shows (that I did not book), where the booker had all the babyfaces lose one night and then they all won the next night. So the first show, all the babies looked like shit and the crowd left disappointed; in the second show, all the heels looked like shit and the fans were bored because there was no drama. Booking isn't that fucking hard.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Go2Sleep said:

Also, I suppose there is a good chance there will be a CW title match of some kind on this show.

CW Anderson can challenge Larry Zybszko for the Western States Heritage Championship.

What?  They're going to need more belts if they're going to do Clash Of Champions.  Gotta have them shoot lightning bolts at each other during the animated open.

Wrap a strap around Rusev's monitor.  Double Title match.  TV Title on the line for the first 15 minutes.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

You heard it here first (or maybe you didn't) ZAYN v. JERICHO is going to steal the show.

I kind of lost faith in Jericho after his feud with AJ Styles, but Sami seems to be able to pull a great match out of anyone so you may be right.

Looking at this card, I am kind of annoyed with the draft. There is no reason why Smackdown could not have gotten at least Cesaro, Kevin Owens, or Sami Zayn or some combination of 1 or 2 of them. Or some of the guys from the CWC. As great as Backlash surprisingly was, it lacked the sorely needed depth.

14 hours ago, APO said:

Maybe. It just seems did a mini-tourney would give them a chance to let the crowd know who these guys are if they haven't been keeping up with the CWC.

That makes the whole CWC kind of meaningless, then. 

The winner needs to automatically be put in the title match with the other spot being filled by a mini-tournmanet/multi-man match or whatever.

Why is everyone wanting or suggesting another tournament immediately after the Classic? Even on a small level? I like tournaments as much as the next guy, but WWE has already run two this summer alone.

Has a Cruiserweight Title been formally announced? They may (and IMO absolutely should) hold off on trying to crown yet another new champion.