DVDVR Message Board

Games of Thrones Unsullied thread

elizium

2 hours ago, TheVileOne said:

I hope nothing happens to Ghost.  I like Ghost, and a lot of his siblings have already died.  Here's a new season 6 trailer.

Still four out of six direwolves left, although Arya's is missing. I'm really hoping to see Ghost rip Thorne's throat out.

With Wargs and White Walkers and Zombie Starks roaming around in the novels and / or on television, the death of your favorite character is only as permanent as GRRM wants it to be.

I half expect Jon to come back as some Blade The Vampire Slayer-esque half Walker / half Human hybrid that pats Ghost on the head, gets his Valyrian steel sword, and goes on a vengeance road trip.

Then he and Dany save the world from the Walkers and Jon goes to rule what is beyond the wall while Dany assumes the Iron Throne but not before signing a peace treaty and roll series finale credits.

Either that or Jon simply wargs with Ghost and gets his getback that way before wandering off into the forest. Roll series finale credits.

1 hour ago, TheVileOne said:

I feel like the only way this story ends is with the whole world getting destroyed by the White Walker apocalypse.

Ha isn't that what we all wanted? Because nobody but a select few could get their head out of their ass to realize what's coming?

GRRM did joke once that he would eventually kill every character and the last book would be 1000 pages describing the wind blowing across graves.

He also did an April Fool years ago (years and years ago, come to think. I've moved house three times since then) where he said he'd cracked it and the finale was to do a Wild Cards crossover and have the Great and Powerful Turtle crush all the White Walkers with telekinesis. Dr Tachyon would marry Dany and claim the Iron Throne.

2 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Ha isn't that what we all wanted? Because nobody but a select few could get their head out of their ass to realize what's coming?

It would be like having the bugs win in STARSHIP TROOPERS and you'd kind of have to be...yeah...that's right, they really should win.

On 4/10/2016 at 9:37 PM, StuntmanCrowley said:

I feel like this series revels in being bleak, heels overcoming and overcoming at every point just to hammer in how pointless all of it is unless you're a total scumbag.

If Jon's death is permanent, I'm checking out permanently.

I think I am at that point also. For me, this was always supposed to be the story of the Stark kids. I am ok with big brother dying. I am ok with the little kid (forgetting the name) disappearing with Shaggy Dog and that chick. I am ok with both parents dying brutal deaths. I am not ok with the bastard son who had a shit life not getting his day to shine. 

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, goodhelmet said:

I think I am at that point also. For me, this was always supposed to be the story of the Stark kids. I am ok with big brother dying. I am ok with the little kid (forgetting the name) disappearing with Shaggy Dog and that chick. I am ok with both parents dying brutal deaths. I am not ok with the bastard son who had a shit life not getting his day to shine. 

I'm all for shocking the reader/viewer and traveling roads that nobody would dare travel..  it's been an extremely fun ride BUT if all of THAT foreshadowing means nothing..  to me that's not good writing/planning.  At some point there's gotta be a payoff on that or I'll be really frustrated.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

I said as much a couple posts above you.  The Walkers are the apocalypse that Westeros deserves.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, goodhelmet said:

Y'all can chill I think we are good.  I'll eat all the crow if i'm wrong, but this is Jon and Dany's story.  A Song of Ice and Fire.

Part of me wants Jon back by the end of Ep 1, but it would be wild if they delayed it til the end of the year.  I'm like 98% sure he will be back, but I would definitely start to question myself around Ep 9.  

• Like 1

On 4/12/2016 at 8:56 AM, J.T. said:

With Wargs and White Walkers and Zombie Starks roaming around in the novels and / or on television, the death of your favorite character is only as permanent as GRRM wants it to be.

So I shouldn't lose hope that Stannis will end up on the Iron Throne, as is his due?  

Poor fucking Stannis.  Jobbed out worse than Sting at Starcade '97.

• Like 3

The North will be the first region to get hit by the Walkers, so I fear that Stannis will be demoted from Regent of the North to Zombie Shambler #5000 before it is all over.  

He will be in good company.   Ramsay and the Boltons should be right beside him with blue goo oozing out of their noses..

Then after the epic death from above dragon battle, their ashes will fertilize the forests along the Kingsroad.

I wouldn't be at all shocked to see the White Walkers destroy the world or something close to it, only for there to be some kind of time travel event to happen that rolls events back to a turning point.

13 minutes ago, Craig H said:

I wouldn't be at all shocked to see the White Walkers destroy the world or something close to it, only for there to be some kind of time travel event to happen that rolls events back to a turning point.

"We have to go back, Kate.  We have to go back to the Tower of Joy."

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, piranesi said:

"We have to go back, Kate.  We have to go back to the Tower of Joy."

You  knew where I was going with that.

And the only reason I think that is because of GRRM's comments comparing ASoIaF to Lost and how he's facing a similar problem.

8 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Poor Robb. He fight to his death and watches his mother, unborn child and wife slain in front of him and all the fans can muster up is an "aww that's too bad". Sometimes it pays to be a bastard.

All he had to do was marry the hot Frey daughter, and all of that could've been avoided.  

• Like 1