DVDVR Message Board

Games of Thrones Unsullied thread

elizium

I can't imagine that's terribly interesting.

"Well, I was pregnant at the time, so I mainly sat off to the side beneath an umbrella while my body double did the walking, and they superimposed my face over hers at a much later date. It was an awful amount of sitting, truly. The end."

• 3 weeks later...

And here's another development on that front:

Watch the Thrones podcast has transformed into a TV show called After the Thrones.  Will be available on HBO's on demand services the day after each episode.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, EVA said:

And here's another development on that front:

Watch the Thrones podcast has transformed into a TV show called After the Thrones.  Will be available on HBO's on demand services the day after each episode.

Bill must have some major pull if he can get those nerds on TV.

Well, the writers are blabbing and confirming that Jon Snow is indeed dead, or at least he is dead as far as the television show goes. 

The sobbing you hear in the distance belongs to Fowler.

I am curious to know if GRRM had any decision in Jon's fate, because I think he is grumpy enough to totally have Jon survive on purpose just to fuck with the show if the writers just up and decided to pull the trigger on Snow without consulting him.

That other sound you hear is my interest in the show turning to apathy if they did do that.  They can't keep killing off the only "good guy" characters and keep up goodwill.

1 hour ago, J.T. said:

Well, the writers are blabbing and confirming that Jon Snow is indeed dead, or at least he is dead as far as the television show goes. 

The sobbing you hear in the distance belongs to Fowler.

I am curious to know if GRRM had any decision in Jon's fate, because I think he is grumpy enough to totally have Jon survive on purpose just to fuck with the show if the writers just up and decided to pull the trigger on Snow without consulting him.

He may be dead as Jon Snow but the signs point to him being resurrected. Maybe he is resurrected as another name but until the show ends, I don't believe it. At some point, you cross the line in making the show an exercise in nihilism. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Raziel403 said:

That other sound you hear is my interest in the show turning to apathy if they did do that.  They can't keep killing off the only "good guy" characters and keep up goodwill.

Dany will save the world with dragons.   She's the most meta-protected character in the novel.  She is GRRM's Lisbeth Salander. 

I think he's also got a soft spot for Cersei since he's tried to redeem her by having her take the Walk of Shame and given her an undead giant bodygyard to look after her.

If Jon's death sticks, I fully expect Dany dead by the start of next season and the show finishes with the White Walkers destroying all of the world and ruling in an Eternal Winter.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Raziel403 said:

If Jon's death sticks, I fully expect Dany dead by the start of next season and the show finishes with the White Walkers destroying all of the world and ruling in an Eternal Winter.

Unless you take the side of belief that says that the Walkers are the cleansing wind that Westeros deserves.

Dany is such a protected character that it is hard not to believe that she will eventually save the planet and assume power on the Iron Throne.  She rides dragons.  She's the franchise messiah.

"Protected" is a great word for Dany, because she's nowhere near as badass as many people pretend.  Has she even killed a single person with her own hands?  No, seriously, has that ever happened?  Because everyone else from Catelyn to Tyrion to Arya to that little bitch Joffrey to even freakin' Samwell have had to get their hands dirty at some point or another.  Not Dany, however; she ALWAYS has someone else do it for her.  Her enemies are always dispatched by one of her fanatically loyal bodyguards, or her army of perfect clone-troopers, or she simply has her dragons nuke the site from orbit.  

You know who Dany is honestly most similar to?  Sansa.  Both are the (seeming) last scion of a formerly royal family, now fallen upon hard times.  Both are in way over their heads, and are incredibly naive about the sinister machinations of the people who surround them.  Both are constantly pursued by a long line of suitors, who want to use the young lady's name/power for their own ends; and there's also a whole bunch of lecherous creeps who just want to fuck the noble brains right out of these jailbait girls (both characters were supposed to be like twelve years old when the series started).  The only difference between them is that Dany was handed a bunch of fireproof dragon-controlling superpowers and entire armies of rabid henchmen, while Sansa has spent the entire series locked in a large number of small rooms and hopelessly wishing for the sweet release of death that never comes.  

• Like 2