DVDVR Message Board

2016 NBA Playoffs: OCTOFINALS

Dolfan in NYC

1 hour ago, goodhelmet said:

Yeah, playing on a gimpy leg while recovering from a gimpy ankle... that can't be good. 

It was the wet spot from Motiejunas' slip seconds earlier. Being on a gimpy ankle certainly didn't help though.

41 points in the 3rd quarter.

Detroit got swept, but they were competitive in 15 of the 16 quarters. 

I feel optimistic about this group of kids. Fourth youngest roster in the NBA, by far the youngest in the playoffs.

1 hour ago, Brian Fowler said:

I feel optimistic about this group of kids. Fourth youngest roster in the NBA, by far the youngest in the playoffs.

There are a lot of teams in the NBA that would have rolled over at multiple points in this series, and SVG would always manage to get them to keep fighting. Everyone in the organization should be commended. I think this Detroit team has a lot to look forward to. Drummond is way more skilled than he gets credit for. Truthfully, he's better offensively than Howard ever was, he's just so bad at one thing that he becomes unplayable. Jackson is good, although he is neck and neck with Jeff Teague for the talented PG who makes the most baffling decisions out of the PNR. I think the Detroit roster really depends on whether KCP can make another mini leap and whether Morris will decide to be a good boy for another full season. Oh, and signing, like, 5 new bench players. I think they have some money to spend. It will be interesting to see who they end up giving it to. 

10 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

Detroit's got some building blocks and someone on the short-list of best minds in basketball running the whole show. If Toronto doesn't win this series, that team is getting blown up and second in the East becomes wide open. And second in the East means you're a LeBron ankle slip away (or LeBron power play out of Cleveland) from getting to the finals. The Pistons have a window and it's starting to crack a bit.

I think the team most likely do be Cleveland's next threat is Boston. They have a pretty good team right already AND could potentially add in Simmons or Ingram or another stud. And Brad Stevens is the next great coach.

Is James Young progressing at all? He was interesting going into the draft because, while wildly inconsistent, was IIRC almost a full year younger than the majority of players getting drafted.

Curry sprained MCL - out at least 2 weeks.

Of course the crazy thing is that thanks to the NBA's shitty playoff schedule he could legit only miss three games

Golden State doesn't play until Wednesday - if the Warriors win that the earliest the 2nd Round starts is Monday, May 2.

Figure they play Monday or Tuesday - they probably won't play again until the weekend and you are at your two weeks

My guess is, the Rockets may snipe one more, but that's it. Much more likely is the Warriors finish them off on Wednesday, and then the Clippers steal one in Oakland the following week.  Which forces Curry to get himself back much sooner than he should.  

That being said, he wasn't looking like the Curry who hits 35-40' foot shots with regularity yesterday coming off a sprained ankle.  Who knows what player they get back when he comes off a gimpy knee. 

And you know what... I don't think they beat LA without Curry. 

It should be noted that the Warriors have a negative point differential without Curry. The Clippers are a long running joke, but they are also a very talented basketball team that should be moderately favored in every game they play against the Warriors without Steph Curry.