DVDVR Message Board

2016 NBA Playoffs: OCTOFINALS

Dolfan in NYC

I will say, I think it's going to be sad how much people will end up shitting on Harden's career. I think his peak will probably end up being pretty short, considering he plays a ton of minutes, gets fouled at a historic rate, and has, let's say, an active night life. The dude is a great basketball player, and I'm sure a generation from now people are going to be like "Harden? He was like a slightly better Michael Finlay but with no defense. That guy sucked, how'd be ever finish second in an MVP vote?"

On the contrary, I think history will do wonders for him because people will talk less and less about all the negatives and just watch his highlights.

I guess the biggest problem for him is that he's so hilariously bad on defense that it also makes for his own personal lowlight reels. The key to being bad on defense is to be like Rondo or Kobe the last few years. Make it look like you're doing something without actually doing anything productive.

58 minutes ago, goodhelmet said:

I really wish I could watch  World B Free do his thing.  He was right before my time. 

Right? I've watched a couple of his bigger games via the internet and the youtube mixtapes but it's just not the same. But I get the sense that he was all flash and less substance and another guy much maligned for being a poor defender. Harden's much less flash and more about production via the least interesting way (drawing fouls and hitting free throws) but his defense is probably even worse than WBF's. 

TNT killin it with the Prince soundtrack.  I suggested to Cuban that the Mavs use "Computer Blue" for pregame intro, but I doubt he did it.  I like the run to close the half.  If the Mavs stay within 10 going into the 4th, they have a good shot with the eventual OKC meltdown.