DVDVR Message Board

2016 NBA Playoffs: OCTOFINALS

Dolfan in NYC

15 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Honestly, it's a question of now who San Antonio faces in the Finals. 

It's more of a question of who faces Lebron, but you knew that already lmao..

I'm ready for Dame vs. Russ in the WCF!

Lol, the majority were ready to anoint the clippers as champ killers and now it's highly questionable whether they even get out of the first round. Spurs are great and all but I wouldn't write off the Thunder so quickly.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jrag said:

I'm ready for Dame vs. Russ in the WCF!

If this happens, it will be great, because there will be at least two 5 minute stretches where despite the presence of eight other basketball players, it will look and feel like the WCF is being settled by a full court one on one game between Dame and Russ. 

Then Dion Waiters will check in and decide that the WCF should be settled by a one on one game between Dame and him. It will not go as well.  

7 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Honestly, it's a question of now who San Antonio faces in the Finals. 

This is way too soon. IF the Clippers and Blazers extend this series and the Warriors extend their 2nd round series with the eventual winner, Curry could be back before the WCF. The big question mark is how those gimpy legs hold up. Even without Steph, the Warriors are a dangerous team. I just don't think they are championship level without him. Sort of like the Scottie Pippen led Bulls. Also, Spurs vs. Thunder is going to be a war. I am definitely rooting for San Antonio but I don't think it is a lock they make the WCF. Unless Pop counters Kanter with some height from the bench (BOBAN!!!) then I could see the Spurs having big trouble putting games away. IT looked like the West was going to be a snooze but these injuries have blown things wide open. 

• Like 1

Russ saying Charlie Villenueva has to do whatever he does to get ready to sit and watch 82 games next season followed by KD's snide "He might not even be in the league" was absolutely cold and I love every second of it.

• Like 3